Re: Unable to Harvest Wild Unidentified Plants in Granite Falls with Seasons Ex.

by eustacecs

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[WORKAROUND] [OR] Plants in Granite Falls only produce at 5am

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EP's but Seasons, All GP's but Vampires, ST's: Bowling Night, Cool Kitchen, Movie Hangout, My First Pet, Toddler STuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plants in Granite Falls only re-spawn harvestables in the area/neighborhood played Sims are currently in at 5:00am.
What happens when the bug occurs? Harvested plants do not re-spawn unless played sims are in the area at 5:00am.
What do you expect to see? I expect for the plants to re-spawn harvestables ever few Sim hours and be re-spawned in all areas for a new vacation. I expect to not have to be present in that area at exactly 5:00am to be able to harvest plants. It makes it very hard to have multiple sims harvest 10 wild plants in one vacation.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. June gardening patch

Seems in line with the havestables issues with City Living Festivals and in the Science Lab, which I have also experienced.

Message 1 of 31 (13,480 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Wild plants missing in worlds

Hero

@malaskah 

I have noticed missing plants on occasion in my game.  But I have found that if you play a household in a zone where they have disappeared that almost all of them will come back eventually.  It might take a couple of days though.  Since everything with plants growing happens at around 5:30 AM, you need to active in the zone at that time.  

I had all the wild plants disappear for quite a long time in the Granite Falls State Park zone.  It went on for several RL months.  So I couldn't collect the plants in that zone.  But eventually, I ended up camping there for a few days and they came back and haven't disappeared again.

Another thing that happened is that one of the NAPs originally had NPCs weeding the wild plants.  In one case, none were left in one zone.  But again, after staying in the that zone for a couple of days, they grew back.  Like you, not even dirt piles were left.  But one of the patches since EL was to stop NPCs from doing that so it shouldn't happen anymore.

So the best advice I can give you is to play a household in those zones where the plants have disappeared for a couple of days and see if they come back on their own.  Otherwise, you might try repairing the game in Origin.

Hope this helps.

View in thread

Message 28 of 31 (13,899 Views)

All Replies

Re: [OPEN] [OR] Plants in Granite Falls only produce at 5am in current location

Hero
I've added this cause we have several similar issues for this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 31 (13,328 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [OR] Plants in Granite Falls only produce at 5am in current location

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have this problem too. I do use mods but i took them all out, cleared cache and restarted the game. I have all EP. and except for my first pet stuff and cool kitchen stuff all SP. My sim is a herbalist and gardner and can't harvest plants anymore exept when they are in a planter. She has to be at 5 am on a lot to harvest anything. When she goes to another lot she can't anymore until the next morning 5 am. The same goes for granite falls. Only on 5 am she can harvest. If she travels into the woods than she has to wait again. I also noticed that the plants she already knows like for example (firy leaf, i'm dutch, don't know if this is the right name) or chamomille that she already knows and has in her own garden are marked as unknown to her and as a wild plant. But if she is able to harvest them then they add to the same plants already in her inventory eventough it says she doesn't know the plant.

Message 3 of 31 (13,308 Views)

[NEEDS INPUT] [OR] Unable to Harvest Wild Unidentified Plants/not growing

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4 deluxe, Seasons, Get Famous, Get to Work, City Living, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Outdoor retreat, Laundry Day Stuff, Backyard Stuff, and Perfect Patio Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to Granite Falls (with seasons expansion pack) and go out in the world and try to harvest Wild Unidentified plants.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can almost never harvest these plants or any plant for that matter.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to harvest the plant. Before I downloaded seasons I did not have this problem.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I can almost never harvest wild unidentified plants, or any plant for that matter in Granite Falls (even when there is something to harvest). All I get for an option is "view plant". This makes completing the "Outdoor Enthusiast" aspiration particularly hard. I read that going in the summer and spring was best to harvest, but I am unable to then as well. 

Message 4 of 31 (13,349 Views)

Re: Unable to Harvest Wild Unidentified Plants in Granite Falls with Seasons Ex.

Hero

HI @noellelaub 

I think we have a similar report somewhere. need to look for that tomorrow.

One question though: You're saying you're getting this since you installed the seasons expansion.

Did you get it right on release or just a while ago and it didn't happen with just the seasons patch installed ? There was a huge gardening overhaul with the patch that came shortly before seasons so it's important to know, if you're seeing this since the patch or the pack.

If you got both at the same time, it's probably the overhaul from the patch.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 31 (13,340 Views)

★ Guide
In Outdoor Retreat + Seasons combo, unIDed plants do need about 1-2 ingame days to grow anything harvestable.
On _each_ location.
Without leaving that location.
As any other plant currently do require.
Unless RNG screws you by placing 10+ muckleberry plants in a row on same location (and by keeping spawning muckleberries after 'clean wild plants' action), you can complete the aspiration in 7 day long vacation just fine.
You'll have to hang around each location for a while to complete bug catching anyway.
Message 6 of 31 (13,305 Views)

★ Novice

Hi @crinrict I guess I am unsure about whether this occurred after the garden patch, or after I got seasons. I got seasons after the gardening patch that is for sure, but I had not tried this aspiration until now with seasons and the patch. I guess that it makes sense it started after the patch but I am unsure. 

Message 7 of 31 (13,287 Views)

Hero
How long did you wait on the lots ? Do they look harvested but you can't or just never get to that state ? It is a lot slower since the overhaul.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 31 (13,275 Views)

Unidentified plants do not spawn in GF

★★ Novice

Hello,

I recently have been having issue with unidentified/wild plants (specifically those from outdoor retreat GP) do not spawn in granite falls. Other plants like onions do spawn and become harvestable. I will sometimes see a mound, and when I hoover over it, it says wild plant. Sometimes even a juvenile plants, but the plants never mature and are never harvestable. My sims have herbalism skill and gardening skill. 

Background info: I have been playing sims a long time, recently got a new PC and downloaded on this computer (HP Envy with Radeon graphics). I have tried taking multiple different sims, for many days, and still no luck. I have even uninstalled and reinstalled (using the save saves) the game. I have also reset to factory settings. The only packs I do not own are fitness and first pet stuff. All other packs/expansions are installed. Yes my computer meets minimum requirements.

I'm really not sure why I am having this problem. Do I need to start over completely and delete all my saves? My game is up to date. I'm beside myself with this issue. Any help would be appreciated. 

Message 9 of 31 (13,271 Views)

Re: Unidentified plants do not spawn in GF

★★★ Apprentice

I'm just asking because I do not know if you have or have not taken this into consideration - with Seasons, some plants are only 'active' and 'harvestable' during certain seasons. Could that be your issue?

Message 10 of 31 (10,175 Views)