Re: CAMPING: GUESTS ARE MARCHING TO YOUR HOME

by Carolina_sim

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] [OR] NPC Guests not staying the whole time

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

invited to come with me go camping, next day go to their neighborhood of residence and not come back, you can not call them from the phone or invite because it assumes that already be not in Granite Falls (but it appears in the photo of unity domestic in managing the world)

Message 1 of 19 (4,157 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Not entirely sure what you are saying so I try to rephrase

You went on vacation with some NPC Sims to come camping with you on an extended stay. After one day, the NPCs go home. 

You tried to invite them back but you couldn't because they are not listed on the phone ? It tells you they are in their homeworld ? 

Is that it ? I also don't quite understand the title of your thread.

Also please don't use all caps titles. That's considered screaming on the Internet.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 19 (4,086 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

The problem is using English language :P but I understand what he says. I have the same problem:

When I invite sims to go camping, sims that are not of my lot but are friends, they dont appear in de camping area.

I can't call them by phone and I can't invite them to my vacation again because, in fact, they are already in my vacation...But they dont appear anywhere.

They go to their homes. You can find them there.

Also, when I close the game, I appear again in my home, not in the camping (and I had days left there). When I try to go back to the camping, I can't use the same lot where I was  becouse...Oh my...I am already there! My family is duplicated!

Can't invite friends, cant remain in the camping after closing the game...My family duplicates...Wow! Big bug!

Message 3 of 19 (4,063 Views)

Hero

I've seen them walking off too, never to be seen again.

Do you have the bug with the reloading to home since the patch or before ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 19 (4,055 Views)

[Outdoor Retreat] Missing NPC sims.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice
I set up 3 days vacation to granite falls. I invited mostly non-household sims to the max number i can invite along. After a while, 1-2 days, they dissapears all the sudden. Since they're not my household, there is no notifications for leaving & no handwaving at all. Nothing. Dont know whats happening. I found out they're already went home. They're not coming back. Why can't they stay the 3 days of vacation?

There are 3 things to consider :
- npc sims sudden disappearing
- no notifications /waving when they are leaving.
- they are still part of the vacation eventhough they're gone home.(can't invite anymore people, because it says house full. But most of them has already returned home).

*No mods, no cc.
Message 5 of 19 (4,052 Views)

Re: [Outdoor Retreat] Missing NPC sims.

[ Edited ]
Hero

@azmilarash96 I merged your thread since I believe this to be the same issue although OP never got back to me.

I haven't added this yet though which I will

EDIT: Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 19 (4,033 Views)

Re: [Outdoor Retreat] Missing NPC sims--They are thieves!

★★★ Newbie

I not only had this problem last week, but the npc sims also stole all my camping gear!

My two household sims invited four neighbor sims.  We stayed at the camping site, not one of the houses.  I bought three tents, chairs, lights, and a cooler to outfit the camp ground for everyone.  The first day, two of them vanished.  The next day, when the household sims went into the woods, we came back to a completely cleared out campground.  All the npc sims were gone and every single purchased item.

Message 7 of 19 (3,980 Views)

Re: [OR] NPC Guests not staying the whole time.

★★ Novice

Noticed a similar thing happen to me yesterday.

Guests from an unplayed household I brought on vacation walked off the lot and disappeared off the map, I've never played this part of vacations before (usually I only bring my active household the rare times I send sims on vacation) so I don't know if this bug has always existed in my game or not. The unplayed sims I brought on the vacation were kids (relatives of my active household, which is the only household I keep checked as ''played'' in that game save) and they left at school time so I assume the game sends them off to school/work and doesn't bring them back afterwards. As the vacation originally had eight sims, before four of the sims left, the option on the phone to invite others to join the vacation remained greyed out so I assume the game still considered those sims to be in Granite Falls on the vacation. I played through the entire vacation in one sitting and was able to return home from the vacation absolutely fine.

Loaded up my game save now and everything seems to be in order. The sims that disappeared from our vacation are back in their homes and can be called up/invited over/visited etc. Had no problems returning to the vacation lot.

Message 8 of 19 (3,941 Views)

★★ Guide

Crin

This bug is caused by one of the patches we got a while back. This didn't happen till the said patch released. I can't remember which patch it was but it causes your unplayable groups or dates to leave for no reason and it's very aggrevating.

Message 9 of 19 (3,924 Views)

★★ Apprentice

camping atm, invited son's girlfriend, seamed as she had too much "fun" on the air mattress as she waved goodbye and left in the morning and I couldn't bring her back, also couldn't invite anyone from outside vacation map to birthday party 

the only way to get his g/f back was to save, go to main menu, ( she showed as both at her home and at the cabin,) and play as her at her home lot, save and load back to family at campsite and I could invite her back, had to invite all I wanted to the camp site to invite them to the party. good luck for homeless unplayed sims! guess move them into a lot.

now all I need is a bar and a radio....... anyone got a portable inflate-o-bar and a mp3 player w/ speakers? ( can't access family inventory while at cabin)

Message 10 of 19 (3,898 Views)