[OPEN] [OR] Moving plants from inventory prevent the aspiration

by lileestef

Original Post

[OPEN] [OR] Moving plants from inventory prevent the aspiration

[ Edited ]
★★ Newbie

In the Outdoor Enthusiast aspiration when fullfilling the "Identify all 10 unidentified plants"; If you move a wild plant that one sim has identified to another sim who has not identified it, you will not get the 10/10 but all 10 will show up as identified in the inventory without allowing you to continue.

Message 1 of 10 (3,192 Views)

Re: Sims 4: Outdoor Retreat Bug

Hero

To be sure I understand you right: Moving the plant makes it impossible to fulfill for the Sim that originally had the plant in his inventory or for the other ?

Just for completion sake, are you using any mods in your game ?

Also could you change your title to something more descriptive ? Something that describes the error ? Helps people refind. Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (3,166 Views)

Re: Sims 4: Identifying plants and not getting credit

★★★ Newbie
I'm not running any mods. It's the sim receiving the plant who can't complete the aspiration. However I show that I've completed the plant collection. 32 + 10 new plants.
Message 3 of 10 (2,934 Views)

Re: [Outdoor Retreat] Moving plants from inventory prevent the aspiration

★★★★★ Novice

I had the exact same problem, but then it went away after a loading screen (when I went back from the Hermit's place to the Campground). The Muckleberry that I moved to my sim's inventory went back to being unidentified and I could then identify it to complete the aspiration.

Message 4 of 10 (2,905 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Mine worked after removing all plants from his inventory and restarting the game. Thanks for the quick response.
Message 5 of 10 (2,901 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had the same problem, I ended up just selling all the ones I was sure I hadn't identified yet, then started harvesting again from wild plants. I had to sell 99+ chamomile that I'd been growing at home (from a plant my hubbie had collected), which, incidently was worth 10,000 simoleans. Anyway, the new ones I harvested then showed up properly in my inventory as unidentified, and I was able to finish that part of the aspiration. Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 6 of 10 (2,661 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Probably, there's one more related bug when a sim receives already identified plant from other sims household.

I simply put the plant to the ground and the sim who doesn't know it planted it and harvested. The plant also appears in the household collection. However,  in the wild all plants are displayed as unknown, although the sim already knows it. Kinda, indirect learning, but still annoys Wink

Message 7 of 10 (2,654 Views)

Hero

Is this still an issue or does the work around generally help ?

@RolandasR1 @lileestef @amm42 @chrystyus @minouka87

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (2,381 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, this is still an issue for me. I have tried all the above, including making sure I don't have any mods or cc's.

Message 9 of 10 (2,063 Views)

Hero

Thanks for you feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (2,044 Views)