[FIXED] [OR] [JA] Game crashes when travelling to vacation world with friends

by DaveZhu

Original Post

Re: Crash after Sept. 3rd update- traveling

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Most likely EA made a programming error when coding the new patch/update. My understanding is that All players are having issues with the game crashing. Either this is deliberate Crash by EA to deprive you of the sims so that you are more likely to buy the next game, and don't wear yourself out playing 4, or they just made a big mistake and you will probably have to wait until the next update to play. 

Maybe EA doesn't like the idea that you can buy their game once and then play it forever so they deliberately make the game crash and force you to buy their new game. 

(CM: Multiple posts merged to limit bumps/spam. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 81 of 112 (634 Views)

Travel Failure in outdoor retreat.

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? SIMS 4 latest update 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion Packs: Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work Game Packs: Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat. Staff Packs: Tiny Living, Toddler Staff, Bowling Night.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When my sim travels to granite falls on vacation as soon as I try to use the phone to travel within granite falls the game shuts down.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game closes completely
What do you expect to see? To travel to other locations successfully without the game shutting down and loose all progress.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Event viewer application error:

Faulting application name: TS4_x64.exe, version: 1.66.139.1020, time stamp: 0x5f3cbaff
Faulting module name: TS4_x64.exe, version: 1.66.139.1020, time stamp: 0x5f3cbaff
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000001b144a
Faulting process id: 0x2a94
Faulting application start time: 0x01d690e0ef1c578a
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4_x64.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4_x64.exe
Report Id: 55edb985-0b77-494f-bf56-8c05257d5169
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Message 82 of 112 (598 Views)

Re: Travel Failure in outdoor retreat.

Hero
@Seat401 Merged your post.

Are you travelling with NPCs ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 83 of 112 (588 Views)

Game crashes trying to travel to Salvadora

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Jungle Adventure, Seasons, Get to work, Cats and Dogs, Spa Day, Spooky Stuff, Get Together, Vampires, Dine Out,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to travel anywhere in Salvadora and open the world map
What happens when the bug occurs? Game crashes and I get error code CE-34878-0
What do you expect to see? I expect it to not crash
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I traveled to a vacation spot with a household of two and their friend from a different household in Salvadora from the Jungle Adventure pack. But every time I try to open the map to travel and explore the game crashes.

I get error CE-34878-0 and yes the game is completely up to date.

Please help me fix this I just bought the pack today and I can’t even play it!

Message 84 of 112 (585 Views)

Re: Game crashes trying to travel to Salvadora

Hero
@CJtheAxeRabbit Merged your post.

Are you travelling with NPCs ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 85 of 112 (579 Views)

★★★ Novice

Nope. All sims are ones I have created and played with myself

Message 86 of 112 (565 Views)

Hero
@CJtheAxeRabbit So they were all in your household at the time you traveled ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 87 of 112 (546 Views)

★★★ Novice

No only two were and the other was from a different household. Sorry for confusion._.’

Message 88 of 112 (533 Views)

Hero
@CJtheAxeRabbit yeah, that's when the known crash happens.

You can still travel but either only with household members or only with one household member or one from a different household

As soon as you start mixing the game crashes.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 89 of 112 (528 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I see. I went into my game and sent the extra sim home and tried travelling with just the two from the same household and it worked! 

Thanks so much for your help!

Message 90 of 112 (524 Views)