Re: Crash after Sept. 3rd update- traveling

by Chumpelet

Original Post

Hero
@Chumpelet OK. sounds like there might be an issue if Sims were in the vacation world before the patch.

Can you get them home and travel there again to see if the crashing continues ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 112 (3,029 Views)

★ Apprentice

After more intensive testing, I have narrowed down the problem. 

Please note, that I did not mention that my sims household were on vacation with four friends before the update.

As suggested by yourself, I ended my vacation and they all went home. 

My played household live in Windenburg, so I had them map travel as a household to several other worlds, this worked fine.

I then had them map travel to several worlds with the group they had been on vacation with, this also worked fine.

I then had them book a vacation as a household (minus friends) in Selvadorada in the exact same rental unit.  Once they were in Selvadorada, I had them map travel within that world, which worked fine. Whereas before, when they were with their friends, it would crash my game.  

I therefore find the problem to be households cannot go on vacation to Selvadorada with others and travel within that world without my game crashing.

Based on this, I thought I would then test the destination world, Granite Falls, and see if the same problem would occur.  i.e not being able to map travel with groups made up of more than one household.

However, I encountered another problem, when I tried to book a vacation in Granite Falls, on the destination world icon, I saw the following error ! This world is unavailable because there are no rental units left.  Change a lot back into a rental unit in order to have it be useable again.  But when checking the Granite Falls map, all the lots are set to Rental.  I went into build mode and double checked all the lot types were set correctly.  I noticed that the Maxis' campground for example, was set to Rental, but had no rental price listed on it, only the size 30x20 and the lot price, as though it was for sale.  Therefore I could not rent any units there, even though they were set to rental.  I did not have this error before the update, as I looked at Granite falls as a vacation world, but decided on Selvadorada. 

Hope this makes sense.  

I will therefore not use the Destination worlds for the time being, as they seem pretty borked and cause game crashing.

Thanks for all your help.

Message 11 of 112 (3,002 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Chumpelet Thansk for the testing.

Will try what you've described in my game (I don't have a save though where I have a family in either destination world to test that part).

To be sure for Granite Falls, the lots don't show a price for you when you hover the lot to get info on map view ? Could you maybe add a pic how that looks for you ?

EDIT: Tested the scenario in my save and the game did not crash.

Could you test if the same issue persist for you on a fresh save and would you mind sending me yours ? Instructions in my signature.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 112 (2,994 Views)

★★★ Novice

That is exactly the same scenario that I am facing at the moment. My main Sim, who moved out of her family's household, is trying to vacation with the rest of her family. However, when trying to travel anywhere within Selvadorada, my game continues to crash. I repaired all the game files on both Origin and Steam, but still faced this same issue. I then uninstalled and reinstalled the game completely in hopes that would resolve this issue, yet it continued to occur. Unless I restore previous save files, my Sims are essentially stuck in Selvadorada. 

I tested this same scenario with a single household vacationing to Selvadorada and just as you stated, I did not encounter any issues with the game crashing. Therefore, it is specific to Sims vacationing in Selvadorada with others outside of their household. 

I really hope this is resolved soon =(

Message 13 of 112 (2,979 Views)

Hero
@Allykat5888 Would you mind sending me your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 14 of 112 (2,977 Views)

★★★ Novice
Here's my save link. Thanks for your help with this =) https://drive.google.com/file/d/16gR_XJOduy7JH6KgirfnbYh5FjtcJmss/view?usp=sharing
Message 15 of 112 (2,957 Views)

Sims 4 crashes when I play the jungle adventure pack

★★★★ Novice

I recently got a new laptop because I had some problems with my pc causing it to crash when I played the Sims 4. It works fine overall but whenever I'm in a holiday home in Salvadorada (Jungle Adventure) and try to travel to anywhere else it crashes. At first it only happen with my old save file from my pc but after a while of playing on a new save it started happening again. I tried it without all my mods and custom content but it still happened. I've got it in laptop mode and put my scenery graphic etc to low quality but this has not helped. I attached my dxdiag below.

Message 17 of 112 (3,006 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I also have this exact problem with salvadorada. I had my sims and friends on vacation before the update too and I can't travel anywhere with them. I tried a whole new save and set my new household to salvadorada and I still couldn't travel. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game along with uninstalling my mods and clearing cache etc but so far I'm still encountering the problem. Like the others it is only with friends. I think this is probably a bug caused by the new update as the star wars pack is a vacation type pack so I'm not sure how to fix it unless they patch it. If you can help I would appreciate it.

Message 18 of 112 (2,944 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashes when I play the jungle adventure pack

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@scarletsims29so weird, exact same thing has been happening to me starting 2 days ago.. sooo frustrating! maybe it has something to do with the new patch that just came out. hopefully someone knows what's up with it!

repairing the game doesn't help 

Edit: I just noticed that its missing in my files GP06 isn't there-this is the file that is Jungle Adventure ( https://bluebellflora.com/gp06-jungle-adventure/ ). I was searching for Jungle Adventure in there so I could uninstall and resintall but I don't think I'll be able to uninstall it separately as I can't find it. 

I'm on a MacBook air so to find out if its missing for me I go to applications, then Sims 4 game packs, then look for "GP06". 

I'd just like to mention, I'm not an expert at all on this kind of stuff so this might not be the issue but I thought it was weird that I'm having the same issues with you in Jungle Adventure and can't find it in my files! 

Message 19 of 112 (2,992 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashes when I play the jungle adventure pack

★★★★ Novice
@alexandra1332 yeah i think it's a proper bug i just saw another post with two people saying the exact same thing. it must be because the new update bc it's getting ready for the star wars pack which is like a vacation type pack. this probably means we won't get a fix till they patch it which really sucks and we should probably report it as a bug but i don't know how.
Message 20 of 112 (2,979 Views)