[ARCHIVED] [OR] Bills are higher when on vacation

by Jan_831

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [OR] Bills are higher when on vacation

★ Pro

I was finally able to get bills for one of the two families I've been sending to OR.  The bills received prior to vacation were $2473 and the bills received during the vacation were $2985, no where near more than the double amount I was getting when I originally posted.

I replied to your tag to me again rather than editing my last post to get this back to the front page.  Hopefully, someone else can either provide feedback, or, provide a save if really high bills are still an issue for them.  I don't consider the bills received by my sim on this trip high enough to consider it a problem and don't feel my save would be helpful.  Should I encounter absurdly high bills in a future trip, I will be happy to post a save for review.

Message 11 of 23 (1,266 Views)

Hero

Does sound like the some of the worth of the vacation lot is still added to the bill though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 23 (1,258 Views)

★ Pro

Agreed, even though the higher amount wasn't high enough to be the entire 2 day cabin rental.  Come to think of it, though, two of the sims in that family have the frugal trait so even though they weren't on the vacation that might have come into play with a reduction.  It's either that or some kind of mixture of the rental and perhaps what he had collected.  I'm not sure but was still happy I didn't see some astronomically high bills arrive.  That was a welcome change to what I was seeing back in February when I first posted.

Message 13 of 23 (1,249 Views)

Bills

★ Apprentice

I don't know where i should ask since The Sims Forums not allowing me to create new topic (I'm a new member, of course).

I just wondering, maybe this isn't a bug. (I'll tell you why later)

So, here's my problem...

Usually, my bills comes around 6K~8K (With "Frugal" Trait on my 2 family members).

But, it suddenly became 39K (for no reason) and i was like, "What the..!? How come!?"

This started when one of them travelling to Granite Falls, if you should know more.

Oh, did "Shrewd" trait has anything to do with this? Both of them have it.

Although i think it's quite fair because my household funds increasing like crazy since they got "Shrewd" trait, that's why i'm not considered this as a bug. Still, this is happened just before (they have "Shrewd" and "Frugal" for quite long time ago)

Thank you... Large smile

Message 14 of 23 (1,200 Views)

Re: Bills

@Gailardhia it's a known bug, I've merged your post with the bug report about it.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 15 of 23 (1,189 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @Gailardhia

• Do you use mods/custom content?  If so, does this still occur when mods/custom content are removed?
  • Do you have lots of items in inventory?
  • If this is not related to mods/custom content, would you be willing to share your save files?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 16 of 23 (1,131 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@SimQARobo

No, i'm not using mods anymore, except one: "Satisfaction" Mod (for retail and restaurant employees). I haven't go to vacation for a while (the last time was when i got that enormous bill), so i need to check this again. (Because i got to check another bug that is off from this topic).

Since the last time i went vacation, i emptied my sims inventories and the family inventory. There are still some items but, i guess i might need them in the future (such as an instrument and Herbal Items, also some upgrade items)

For a second, i didn't think this might related to those mods (i used to have many). Since some players got the same problem, i think it's quite 'normal' if such thing (as the enormous bills) happened. As i mentioned earlier, now i only used "Satisfaction" Mod (Unknown Creator, i forgot where i found it)

Well, let's see if i removed the mod again.

Yeah, sure. i'll give you the save. Thank you for your help. Large smile

EDIT: How i can send the save? Do you have something like mediafire links? Thanks.Standard smile

Message 17 of 23 (1,118 Views)

EA Sims Team

@Gailardhia

For now I will send you some instructions in private message.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 18 of 23 (1,064 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I'm also having this issue, my sim's bills spike when they stay on public lots for an extended period of time.

bills.png

Yes I have mods and cc, but it also happens while mods and cc are removed.

Message 19 of 23 (782 Views)

Hero

Hi @SynCode 

any public lots or the OR ones ?

Could you please test if the same happens on a fresh save with no mods at all. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 23 (770 Views)