Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [OR] Autonomous Stress Relief Potion on Grill Finishes On Stov

by xochiquetzl_xkvn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [OR] Autonomous Stress Relief Potion on Grill Finishes On Stove

[ Edited ]
Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Watch the NPC Hermit from Granite Falls near a grill, or enable the Self-Sufficiency NAP and invite over some NPCs with only grills and stoves available to use on the lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? The NPC will autonomously start to brew a de-stressing decoction on the grill, but when reaching the middle part of the recipe they will transition over to a stove to finish the potion.
What do you expect to see? The entire interaction only taking place on the grill and not transitioning to a stove.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The recipe for autonomous herbalism potion brewing (recipe_HerbalismPotion_StressSoother_Grill_Autonomous, tuning ID 111000) which is used by both the Granite Falls hermit in the interaction (herbalism_BrewPotion_Autonomous) and by any NPC under the influence of the Self-Sufficiency NAP version of the interaction (herbalism_BrewPotion_Autonomous_CivicPolicy) incorrectly has an ICO Transition to a stove on step 5 of the recipe.

This is a recipe for a grill, not for a stove. If you examine the player's version of the De-Stressing Decoction recipe (the non-autonomous version – recipe_HerbalismPotion_StressSoother_Grill, tuning ID 103858) the recipe is identical, except that it correctly has an ICO Transition to a grill on step 5.

The incorrect ICO Transition to a stove for the autonomous version of the recipe makes NPCs start a potion on the grill, then they pick up the pot and walk into a kitchen with a stove to continue the rest of the recipe. This shouldn't happen, as seen in the non-autonomous player controlled version of the recipe it should all take place on the grill.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title to fit

Message 1 of 46 (6,118 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [OR] Autonomous Stress Relief Potion on Grill Finishes On Stove

Hero

NPC’s were getting so stressed that they would make the De-stressing Decoction on the grill and then finish it on the stove. Now, they will no longer split their creation of this concoction between grills and stoves.

Fixed in Patch 1.87.41/1.58

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 46 of 46 (3,357 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [OR] Autonomous Stress Relief Potion on Grill Finishes On Stov

★★★ Apprentice

I have the same thing happening as well. Except it’s random townies using my sims grill to make this potion. Those who have been invited in, will finish it on the stove and the rest of them that happen to walk by and use my grill, just leave the pot on the grill to spoil. 

Message 2 of 46 (5,933 Views)

Random Sims Enter My House Make Destress Decoction

★ Guide

So some random Sim just walked into my house, then out, then back in doing a loop and started cooking on my stove. I told them to leave. Next thing I know they were cooking some destress thing. I found a cup on my back porch as well. What is going on and how do I stop them before I kill every single Sim in my game and have a mental breakdown.

Message 3 of 46 (5,888 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

How often does the bug occur? Frequently.
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestlye, Island Living, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Vintage Glamor Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? ..wait for townies to come visit?
What happens when the bug occurs? Random people brew De-Stressing Concoction on my Sims' stove or grill.
What do you expect to see? Sims to stop automatically making this constantly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes, MC Command Center but I don't think that's the issue because it started after I purchase Eco Lifestyle
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? This started after I ipurchased Eco Lifestyle.

You know, the first time Mortimer Goth showed up and made this on my grill I was like, "Oh, how nice!  Thanks, Morty!"  Then Bjorn Bjergson came by and made some.  Then L Faba made some.  Then some random townie came by and... reset object? I already have 3 or 4? that I can't move because I don't "own" them.  Just stop!

Message 4 of 46 (5,847 Views)

★ Apprentice

Every sim visiting my house uses the grill to start cooking it and then continues using the stove. The glass, however, shows up next to the grill; my garden is full of them!

Message 5 of 46 (5,820 Views)

★ Novice

I just tried this out so I'm not sure if it'll work, but if you Shift-click the mailbox and click "Instant Repeal Neighborhood Action Plan" you should be able to repeal any of the plans.

Message 6 of 46 (5,758 Views)

★ Pro

Still happening after patching to 1.69.59.1020 in a mod/cc free game.  Play on PC in English with all content released to date installed.

12-30-20_Destress1.png

12-30-20_Destress2.png

Message 7 of 46 (5,682 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have a similar problem where my sims keep cooking herbalism potions all the time!. They cook on the grill outside and leave the potions scattered about on the ground. 
They also cook on the stove in the kitchen, but don't finish cooking, so it gets stuck on the cooktop. 

Message 8 of 46 (5,586 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue with visiting sims and paparazzi starting to cook at the grill, then coming inside to the stove and, more often than not, setting my kitchen on fire.

Message 9 of 46 (5,529 Views)

Guests & random sims using the grill to make de-stressing concoctions

★ Guide

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a grill, and outdoor retreat.
What happens when the bug occurs? Regardless if the grill is in a locked yard, random townies will burglar into your home to make de-stressing concoctions.
What do you expect to see? Making de-stressing concoctions changed to a non autonomous action.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have had this issue for a long time. It doesn't happen all the time, but often enough. I've had Guidry and Patchy also affected by this. They start to make the de-stressing concoction on the grill, then move it to the stove in the kitchen and often abandon it. If they don't abandon it, they finish making it back on the grill and then place the concoction in front of the grill. If it's an NPC that stays with you for a longer period (I.E Patchy) they'll often just go and start the process again. I've had complete strangers just randomly walk into my gated yard, do this and then leave.

Message 10 of 46 (5,416 Views)