[OPEN] Notification: Plant Failed To Germinate

by ladyalissa1

Original Post

Re: How to fix germinate glitch in werewolves sims 4

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I've been having this issue for some time now too, and it's making hanging out in the Moonwood location an absolute nightmare. Every time I'm in that area I get a "crocus failed to germinate" error message constantly. Good new is that I found the flower in question! Bad new is that it's a crocus that somehow got into one of the planter boxes near the Volkov property (the ones they frequent near their "base") and since it's not actually on their property I can't just delete the thing, or even click-drag to move  the flower out of the box. It shows in the box as unplanted (sort of mixed in with a mushroom plant in the attached screen shot) and has the option to be planted. Problem is, when you plant the crocus, it just recycles itself and reappears as if you didn't do a darned thing. The other plants in those boxes seem to be a bit messed up too, and some appear to be harvestable/floating, but don't have a "base"/mound of dirt to interact with, giving you the typical "I can't do that!" routing error when you try to harvest/eat them. I even brought one of my witches to the spot to burn the floating plants down. I read on another thread that it was a fix, but alas! I'm stuck in a loop with ghost plants preventing me from actually planting the cursed crocus and moving on from this stupid error message.

Edit 9/26: I was able to fix it finally! I sent my witch back in and had her burn away all the floating crops. Unfortunately I did experience the cycling issue when trying to have her plant the crocus (it reappears right after planting, as if nothing happened). I switched over the Volkov house and sent Jacob to plant it, and did so with success (and then promptly uprooted it out of spite lol). I'm not sure why it had to be another sim to plant it, or why sims are getting the routing errors when trying to eat the floating plants, but hopefully this fix may help others too!

Message 41 of 48 (846 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Notification: Plant Failed To Germinate

★★★ Novice

I too am having this issue, the failure to germinate messages are so constant they are like continuous spam and it's really distracting in game as I constantly have to clear my notifications wall.
It just started happening to me playing in Moonwood Mill. Not sure if it has to do with my own sims garden or the community one.
I tried debug refreshing the plants, deleting them. Restarting my game, nothing worked so far.
Hopefully this is fixed soon.

Message 42 of 48 (725 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am having this same issue.  I don't know how to edit a non-lot, but it is here, in the community garden.  See photo here - my guy is trying to plant the daisy, but it fails to germinate because there are snapdragons floating above it.  This is in the Old New Henford community garden in Henford-On-Bagley.  How do I delete the snapdragons ... and the daisy for that matter??

daisy.jpg

Message 43 of 48 (548 Views)

★ Guide
@UOJaney open the cheatbox and type testingcheats on

Then shift click on the plant and look for an option to destroy the item.
Message 44 of 48 (534 Views)

Tried to fix planter box glitch, only made things worse

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Unsure of specific code but it's the latest version.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Jungle Adventure, Get Famous, Island Living, Vampires, Werewolves, Snowy Escapes, Seasons, Realm of Magic, My First Pet, Eco Lifestyle, Get to Work, University, Cats & Dogs, Spooky, StrangerVille, Movie Hangout, Paranormal, Star Wars Batuu, City Living, Horse Ranch, Spa, Outdoor Retreat, Book Nook, Bowling, Cottage Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no clue
What happens when the bug occurs? Constant notifications "plant did not germinate" and an enlarged planter I cannot fix.
What do you expect to see? The opposite of ^
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Since downloading the werewolf expansion, the communal planters keep giving notifications "plants did not germinate", in trying to fix the issue I accidently enlarged one of the planters. The notifications are continuing and I cannot make the planter regular size again so the whole thing is a disaster.

I have no clue what to do and don't want to make things worse, pls help.

Message 45 of 48 (371 Views)

Failure to germinate notice on Sims 4. Is there an actual fix yet?

★★★ Newbie

Despite there being numerous threads, I am still getting the failure to germinate notice on Sims 4. Is there an actual fix yet? I am still, in 2023 dealing with this issue. I have tried to debug the community planters, I have to incinerate them once a day to try to avoid this. It is making the game just straight up unenjoyable. From my search, it seems to have been a known issue for at least 3 years with no actual fix readily available. So. Is there a fix yet? 

Message 46 of 48 (337 Views)

[FR]Rental neighbor continually trying to plant tree in garden pot

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.103.315.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs and stuff packs as of 12/15/2023
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a sim in a rental with a neighbor, place a Garden Pot in a common area, place a tree fruit on the Garden Pot, wait until neighbor tries to plant the tree.
What happens when the bug occurs? Neighbor will repeatedly try to plant the tree. The tree will "fail to germinate" in the log each time he fails.
What do you expect to see? Neighbor recognizes the pot is too small for the tree, and either ignores it or eats it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Never used a garden pot before, first saw it after buying and trying For Rent. May not be a new bug, but couldn't find a relevant bug report, and is definitely more visible with rental neighbors.

Message 47 of 48 (289 Views)

Re: [FR]Rental neighbor continually trying to plant tree in garden pot

Hero
@richvh Sounds like the same issue occurring in community gardens.

Merging yours with the existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 48 of 48 (286 Views)