Re: No longer getting invites to festivals.

by AnnabelleRows

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] No longer getting invites (Rabbitholes, Parties, Dates, Festivals, ...)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game and stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When a festival comes to town.
What happens when the bug occurs? I will get an announcement that a festival is in town, but I am no longer getting invites from other Sims to go to the festivals. I am not earning points for completing tasks (eg. haggle at the Flea Market) as a result.
What do you expect to see? When a festival is in town I expect to get a text inviting me to join another Sim at the lot with a task to complete for points.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Prior to uploading Eco Lifestyle I would get invitations, but I have not gotten one since installing the new expansion pack.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag and title

Message 1 of 49 (5,947 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims no longer call to invite my sims out anymore..?

[ Edited ]
Hero

NPC Sims will now text and call with invitations to Festivals. I personally welcomed the calm and quiet of my phone not beeping about constantly. But I can’t miss a Festival!

Festivals fixed in Patch 1.69.57/ 1.35

Going to mark this hole thread as fixed. If you still have issues with any invites, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 49 of 49 (5,878 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide

I'm noticing that too. It could be due to the phone update in the June 3rd patch. From the patch notes: 

BALANCING PASS OF PHONE CALL INVITATIONS

After five years of Expansion Packs, Game Packs, and Stuff Packs our phone call invites were admittedly starting to get a little spammy. Moments after moving in, you’ve got Lucas Munch hitting you up, asking you to go to the Bluffs with him. Then not long after, you might have had Vivian Lewis asking you to join her at The Spice Festival. Jeez, let me get settled in first, why don’t ya? We’ve done a tuning pass to rebalance all of these previously competing Phone invites to give you a more meaningful and holistic experience.

Message 2 of 49 (5,891 Views)

Hero
@AnnabelleRows Are you still not getting any invites ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 49 (5,832 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Still not getting any invites, I have played the last couple of days and have had a few festivals come to town (Romance and Spice I believe) and still no invites to go.  I can travel there on my own but then I don't get a task to complete for points.

Message 4 of 49 (5,804 Views)

★ Guide

I'm not getting and invites to any festivals either. Been over 8 sim-weeks in-game. All packs to date, no cc no mods

Message 5 of 49 (5,790 Views)

NPC Social Event Phone Calls/Texts

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, City Living, Get to Work Realm of Magic, Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just start a new game.
What happens when the bug occurs? City Festivals don't show Objectives. NPCs don't call/text for: Rabbit Hole social events; played social events including City Living Festivals, death of acquaintances. Also, once I become a mage, nearly all phone/texts are for duels and nearly nothing else. This is an add in bug that I've had since the beginning. Keg Parties count as Social Events, but don't count as Parties. It seems the "Keg Party" object is missing a flag setting.
What do you expect to see? NPCs to call/text invitations to social events.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Simultaneous install of the June 2020 patch and the purchase and installs of Realm of Magic and Vampires. Not coincidentally I also later installed the Windows 10 2404 June update and subsequent .net 4.5 updates.

I started getting the problem after the updates plus Game Pack installs. Suddenly my Sims across all my saves and any new games started don't receive event invitations from NPCs.

I have since done a rename of the Documents...The Sims 4 folder and also an uninstall, folder deletion and reinstall of the The Sims 4 program folder.

Results

:

Started a new "clean" game with the only non default setting for Long Life.  The first City Living Festival occurred and I received a call to go normally.  Objective turned up.  I do not receive any invitations for subsequent Festivals.  I have attended Festivals both by navigating the Notification Wall, and moving directly to event site.  After a couple of game months I have not received any invitations to any other social events (birthdays, carnivals, etc.)  For this run I have not gone to the Realm of Magic, although I socialize with arcane NPCs. 

In no case have I turned into a vampire as this problem is my current concern.  However, I have done first tier Vampire Aspiration reading.

The Keg Party bug is annoying but not as problematic as the main problem.

Message 6 of 49 (5,650 Views)

Re: NPC Social Event Phone Calls/Texts

Hero
@hombokai

There's a thread for the festival invites here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-CL-No-longer-getting-invites-to-festivals/td-p/919...

What kind of goals do you mean ? The ones you get when someone invites you or something else ?

The texts have been tuned down with this patch. Do you still get death messages for friends ?

Could you make a new thread for the keg party ?

In the bug forum QA needs one thread per issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 49 (5,622 Views)

Re: NPC Social Event Phone Calls/Texts

★★★★ Novice

Ah that thread was what I was looking for.  I don't recall seeing that particular one in the the list.

Will do on the keg party.

Message 8 of 49 (5,587 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] No longer getting invites to festivals

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I do not have Eco Lifestyle, but since the update I also do not receive invitations to festivals.  I also do not receive phone calls to any other NPC social events like birthdays or death notifications.  However, if I ever learn magic I receive daily duel requests.

Message 9 of 49 (5,719 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] No longer getting invites to festivals

★★★ Pro

I am on pc and I have this issue as well I don't get invites to anywhere except other Sims house's.

Message 10 of 49 (5,696 Views)