[FIXED] No family leave option

by marianlarsen

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] No family leave option

★★ Apprentice

Here's a screenshot of the issue. Notice that this issue is not only affecting Family Leave, but also PTO in general. The sim selected clearly has PTO and should be able to take family leave (since they had a baby 1 sim day ago), but neither the PTO or family leave options are even present in the phone. 

Message 21 of 114 (3,588 Views)

★★ Novice

i never had this issue until the November patch!

my main household is a legacy and the mother (in the doctor career) is in the third trimester with her second child. the notification popped up for family leave, and last time i didn't have the option either to take it off so i shelved that one for now.

now i'm playing a new, different save until the bug is fixed. mama needs a break.

Message 22 of 114 (3,533 Views)

unable to take family leave after update

★★ Novice

Hello,

I tried to see if there was already an issue open, but could not find one. I noticed after the new update that my sims were unable to take family leave. I thought it was an isolated incident, but it happened again. The sims are in the doctor and detective careers. They both get the notification saying that they are able to take the leave, but when I go to where it normally was there is no option for it.

Message 23 of 114 (3,480 Views)

Re: unable to take family leave after update

Hero

Hi @FloodToBe

this is a known issue.

I've merged your post with existing bug report.

Best to click me too on the first post.

Thanks for your report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 114 (3,461 Views)

Champion

@FloodToBe, and @crinrict, I was just testing this for @FloodToBe (I had to get my Detective and Scientist Sims pregnant first! Large smile ) and came back to report that I also have this problem. Disappointed  I have the wife as a police detective and the husband as a scientist.  They had their baby and neither one of them was able to take off with Family Leave, although they both had accumulated plenty of vacation days so I was able to use those! Raised eyebrow  

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 25 of 114 (3,451 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

The fix didn't make it into today's patch. Too bad. Hopefully, it will be fixed soon.

Message 26 of 114 (3,295 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am experiencing the same issue. I watched a YouTube video showing how to take family leave through pulling up the pregnant sim's phone. However, this option does not come up for my Sim, who is now on her 4th pregnancy. The option did not come up during any of them (in spite of the notification saying she could now take leave). Please let me know if there is a way to fix this!

Thanks! Standard smile

Message 27 of 114 (3,242 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I also had this issue, but my female Sim went into her third trimester in a public lot so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. They still didn't have the option after returning home.

Both parents live together, mother is in the Critic under the cooking branch, and the father is in the Business but I forget which branch he's in.
Message 28 of 114 (3,203 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I also have this issue, and have since at least the early november patch...maybe longer (can't recall precisely).

I have all the packs, and always update the game with each update....and the problem has persisted through the several patches and new EP.

My sims have not been able to take family leave, period..no option appears.
Since the problem occurred I have had sims in the following careers, all unable to take leave:
Astronaut
Painter - both paths across various sims
Culinary - both paths across various sims
Tech Guru - both paths across various sims
Charity worker
Fitness-Athlete path--let me tell you, this is not a fun career to go to work at while in the 3rd trimester.

I have had a total of 21 pregnancies across 6 different sims...no option to take leave for either the mother or the father for ANY of the pregnancies.
Message 29 of 114 (3,173 Views)

★ Apprentice

EA this problem is still occurring a month later can we have this resolved immediately we can't be sending these women to work in these conditions! Thanks!!!

Message 30 of 114 (3,071 Views)