by slycat218

Original Post

[OPEN] No credits for mounting/putting fish in bowl

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.21
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Just sims 4
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am trying to do angeling aces, and it is not giving me credit for mounting fish or putting them in bowls.
What happens when the bug occurs? I currently have 3 fish bowls, and 5 moynted fiah and have goyten credit for none if them.
What do you expect to see? Getting credit for fish bowled or mounted.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Picture submitted 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 3 of 10 (2,906 Views)

Unable to complete task for Angling Ace Aspiration

★ Guide

I'm trying to complete the task for the Angling Ace Aspiration where you have to bowl or mount 5 fish. I've mounted two of them, purchased two bowls and tried to add the fish both manually and through the 'Add fish....' interaction. None of it trips the aspiration counter - it's still showing as zero zero. 

Message 1 of 10 (2,911 Views)

Re: Unable to complete task for Angling Ace Aspiration

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@jari121red 
Having completed this aspiration recently I can confirm it is possible.
That said there have been reports of aspirations in general that are some aspiration goals are seemingly not completing as expected.
To eliminate any possible conflicts I need to ask a few things.
Are you on PC\Mac or console?
Do you have mod or custom content of any kind in your game?

Tips:
Be sure the aspiration is 'active' when completing goals.
In the case of this particular goal for the Angling Ace Aspiration wait until you have all 5 fish,
Once you have them all choose to mount or bowl them in the same session without traveling.
If you have completed the task but it looks like it did not count try traveling to another lot and back home.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
#EQCreations
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

Edit: Please see additional reports related to Aspirations here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Issues/m-p/3445209#Aspi6

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 2 of 10 (2,887 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [PS4] No credits for mounting/putting fish in bowl

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@slycat218  @crinrict  I was able to duplicate half of this on PS4. I made a new game with a new sim who was an angling ace aspiration. I fished to the part where it's to mount or bowl fish. When I had my 5 fish from the previous step, I placed three in bowls and they did not count. I removed them and placed them back in and there was no credit. However after they didn't work in the bowls, and I had taken them out they did count when I mounted them. So my fisher did get credit from the mounting but not the bowls.

I don't know if this is the place to put this next part either, but I haven't had any of the dlc fishing tanks count towards this aspiration but the bowls worked before.

The Sims™ 4_20200126140108.jpg

Message 4 of 10 (2,849 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [PS4] No credits for mounting/putting fish in bowl

Hero
@slycat218 I tested this on PC and I'm also not getting credit for bowl or aquarium but mounting works

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (2,824 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have this issue on xbox, just tried going to another lot and home again and it didn't fix it.. Please help

Also I'll add that I first tried to mount 5 fish all at once, then I put them on the wall.. Still didn't work. Then I bowled another 5..didn't work.. That's when I tried the lot option and unfortunately that didn't work either Frown

Message 6 of 10 (2,712 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@sbathurst @jari121red  I've merged your post with the bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post.

Message 7 of 10 (2,681 Views)

Re: [OPEN] No credits for mounting/putting fish in bowl

★★★★ Apprentice

I've never had any trouble with it counting mounted fish, but I've never seen it count any bowled fish - whether in individual fishbowls or in aquaria. That part is completely broken, across multiple games - and I've never had any cc or mods in my game, and it was like that even when I was playing with pure base game. Even though they're just electronic fish, I still hate killing them for decorations ... and dead bodies are a pretty macabre decoration, imho.

Message 8 of 10 (2,430 Views)

★★ Guide

The original post is from January 2020 and this issue is still not fixed almost 3 years later Frown 

Message 9 of 10 (1,479 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@slycat218 I get them for mounting, but not putting in a bowl.
Message 10 of 10 (972 Views)