Re: [NEEDS INPUT] No Move-In Screen after getting married

by Peapod79

Original Post

Re: Married to University Sim and Can't combine households

Hero (Retired)
@gwen9888

Go to the Worlds Management and select on the right top Family Management Panel. Look for this girl and baby in this panel and when you find them, join her to your sim family.
Look for them in homeless families.

I don't work for EA
Message 11 of 19 (2,329 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply! I'll give it a try later and let you know how it works out for me! I'm guessing that should probably work.

Message 12 of 19 (2,312 Views)

Hero
@gwen9888 I'm going to merge your post with the thread on the missing move-in screen after wedding.

@kreatora's suggestion should work but it's still a bug so you might wanna click me too on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 19 (2,288 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried the 'repair' option in Origin and it appeared to reload the game. Since then my Sims have been able to move households after marriage, so everything is OK for me again. Thanks for all your help. 

Message 14 of 19 (2,262 Views)

★★ Guide

I also didn't get the popup after marriage to move in. I could ask them to join household and did it that way. (I noticed this after the Dec. 2019 patch, but it could have started in November and I just didn't notice until now). 

Message 15 of 19 (2,227 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have just downloaded the patch hoping it would fix a couple of issues I have this being one of them. I have noticed that it seemed to happen after I downloaded Realm of Magic and University.

Message 16 of 19 (2,205 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This happened to me once a while ago. I just had my Sim ask the spouse to join the household. Hasn't happened since.

Message 17 of 19 (2,158 Views)

sims not moving in after marriage

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? this igves me loads of options
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Many, plese check my account.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get sims to elope immediately
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing, they just walk off and the merge household doesnt appear
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the merge household screen
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After adding the realm of magic and island living.

My sims

Message 18 of 19 (2,142 Views)

Re: sims not moving in after marriage

★★★★ Guide

I had this happen a few months ago, before any of the recent updates. I play on PS4 with no expansions or packs of any kind, so I at least know it's not something specific to any additional content unless some of the files for those packs are present and causing problems. It didn't happen the same way for me though. For me it came after a wedding event where I used a wedding arch for the marriage, but like you said the new spouse just walked off with the other guests once the event was over and there was no option to merge. I've only seen it once so far, though to be fair I've only had 1 maybe 2 other weddings since then so I won't rule out the possibility of it happening again.

Message 19 of 19 (2,110 Views)