by crinrict

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] No Move-In Screen after getting married

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together. Dine Out. Cool Kitchen Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no idea if it is the same on any other machine.
What happens when the bug occurs? I haven't played for a while and Origin updated the game before I could play today. Now, when my Sims marry there is no option to move in together. The Sims I control have no idea where their spouse is, and the only way they can be together in "Invite to current lot" or "ask on a date".
What do you expect to see? I expect the option screen to move either Sim to the choice of households.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I am not sure if this is coincidence, but this has only happened since the update. Previously, getting married to a wealthy person was an excellent way of merging into a household with more cash. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 19 (2,745 Views)
Highlighted

Re: marriage

Hero
@crazyh0rse1 Could you try repairing your game through Origin to see if that makes a difference ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 19 (2,736 Views)

★★ Novice

I could, but I have no idea how to do that. Can I reload the game without being charged again? 

Message 3 of 19 (2,722 Views)

Hero
@crazyh0rse1 Just right click on the game in Origin and hit repair. You don't have to reinstall or anything .. and yes, the game will stay on your account once bought

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 19 (2,711 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@crinrictI found a similar problem with elope trying to test the unable to marry because sim works for me bug, but I found a new one. Apparently if you try to marry someone inside DU dorms, your sim will get married, but won't move in because there is no way to move out do to the special nature of University Housing, but he don't have DU, but it may be connected.

Edit: Sim asking to marry lives off campus and sim target lives in student housing.

Message 5 of 19 (2,683 Views)

Hero
@crazyh0rse1 OK. I did some testing with my Vampire.

I couldn't get it to trigger either.

Guess it's indeed bugged.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 19 (2,662 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for all your experiments, and replies. 

It is much appreciated, 

Jon

Message 7 of 19 (2,652 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I tried it with the other sim in the dorm they do get marriage, and the moving box comes up like normal, but she can move out into off campus housing, but he can't move into dorms.

Message 8 of 19 (2,635 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] No Move-In Screen after getting married

★★★ Newbie
@crinrictcrazyh0rse1 I have the same problem on my PC. I think it started happening after the last update. Hope we can get it sorted.
Message 9 of 19 (2,606 Views)

Married to University Sim and Can't combine households

★★★ Novice

Okay, background: My Sim graduated from university recently and moved into own home/started career/etc. He had a girlfriend at university (she has not yet graduated). Invited her over a few times, they tried for baby, and she became pregnant. She just had the baby, and I wanted them to get married so the whole family could be together.

Issue: Upon getting married, I did not get the option to combine their households, and I cannot figure out a way to see my Sim's new child. The only option I could see was to ask her to be his roommate. I gave that a try just to see what would happen. The reply was that she could not be his roommate because there are other people in her household that depend on her (baby, duh).

and this is where I am stuck. Is this just a game bug, or am I doing something wrong?

HELP!

Message 10 of 19 (2,620 Views)