by jpkarlsen

Original Post

[OPEN] No Floor at the top of Configured Stairs

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Outdoor Retreat, Cool Kitchen Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a room and add Z-shaped stairs in the center. Then go up a story and build another room on top of the first.
What happens when the bug occurs? There is a gap at the top of the stairs.
What do you expect to see? There should be floor tiles at the top of the stairs so sims can walk on it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I was building a third story home to try out the configured stairs. After creating the first story and the stairs and moving on to the next story, I noticed that there is a gap in the floor at the top of the stairs. Shown here: 

09-05-19_3-23-15 PM.png

09-05-19_3-45-41 PM.png

Also, these are the stairs I had built (for reference):

09-05-19_3-24-17 PM.png

Sims cannot use these stairs since there isn't a floor tile at the top to walk on. I tried using the custom room tool to create the room again, and I also tried adding a block of flooring in front of the stairs. These didn't fix the problem.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 10 (8,884 Views)

Re: No Floor at the top of Configured Stairs

★★★ Apprentice

I'd like to add to my post by saying that this only happens with this particular stair shape. I'm not sure what it's called, maybe a spiral? Since this is something that can be created in the game, it should be functional too (by having that square at the top). It's not a Z-shape like I said before. The other configurations do work.

To make this staircase, I first rotated it to make three levels of stairs. Then I took the arrow closest towards me and rotated it left, like this.

09-05-19_5-20-10 PM.png

That's where the problem is. Posting this for future clarification.

Message 2 of 10 (8,845 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@RoseLudaA I noticed this while testing out the stairs as well. I thought I either did something wrong or needed more practice building them. (Well, technically I do need more practice, but anyway) LOL.
Message 3 of 10 (8,808 Views)

Champion (Retired)

the height of the landing can be adjusted. If you do this will that fix the issue?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 10 (8,760 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] No Floor at the top of Configured Stairs

★ Novice

I have that problem too and if I remove a configured stair the whole hole the stair created on the floor above stays in the floor and can´t be covered again.

Message 5 of 10 (8,723 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

When I try to adjust the height, the shape of the stairs change completely. They straighten out and won't stay in the shape I have them in. I tried to adjust it a bunch, even changing the wall heights, and the only solution is to change the shape. So that's unfortunate.

That doesn't seem to happen for me. The hole goes away if the stairs are deleted. Are you able to cover it with a flat room? (Replying to Jamell)

Message 6 of 10 (8,648 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having this issue with the stairs and it seems to be happening when the stairs are not touching 2 walls.  I moved the stairs into the corner of the room and the gap disappeared.

Message 7 of 10 (8,615 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having this same issue. I prefer the stairs to look this way (they lead to my spellcaster's attic from their bedroom), and I'm really bummed that there's no landing. I've even tried the stairs in different places, as well as tested out a "dummy" room to see if it was just an issue with my original build concept.

Message 8 of 10 (8,557 Views)

Re: [OPEN] No Floor at the top of Configured Stairs

★★ Novice

If you're still having this problem I found an easy solution.  

First save your lot with the stairs in the position you want them to be, ignoring the hole in the landing.

Then bulldoze the house.

Lastly place the your house back on the lot.  The missing floor at the top of the stairs should be gone now.

Hope this helps. Standard smile

Message 9 of 10 (8,084 Views)

Re: [OPEN] No Floor at the top of Configured Stairs

★★★ Novice
@Freymay Thank you, so much!
Message 10 of 10 (6,575 Views)