Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Negative Sentiment Applied Without Reason

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discovery University, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Get Together, Get to Work. Star Wars, Realm of Magic, Vampires, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat. Laundry Day, Vintage Glamour, Spooky, Perfect Patio.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? get married, have a toddler, have the wife/mother give the toddler a bath.
What happens when the bug occurs? The husband/father gets a hurt sentiment.
What do you expect to see? Not getting a hurt sentiment.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the snowy escape patch when sentiments were added to the base game. I do not have Snowy Escape

The husband gets the sentiment from any distance but if the husband is in the bathroom with the mother and toddler, the toddler gets the sentiment too. Because I do not have the Snowy Escape  Expansion, I can not turn off sentiments. This is causing me to not play because of the negative effects on the husband sim.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 56 (10,360 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Negative Sentiment Applied Without Reason

Hero

Toddlers will no longer gain negative Sentiments against their parents randomly,
specially the Festering Grudge Sentiment. I should not be laughing at this issue as I type
it, I should not…<giggles>

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

As this thread became a bit of a mixture of things: If you still have negative sentiments with no reasons, please create a new thread and describe the situation as accurate as possible

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 56 of 56 (6,125 Views)

All Replies

Re: Negative Sentiment Applied Without Reason

Hero (Retired)
@essie1003 Does the male sim have the jealous trait?
Message 2 of 56 (10,343 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@PoptartJuniper no he is active creative genius

He sentiment is now deeply wounded. and it keeps resetting any time the mother is around or if she interacts with the child

(merge post) - Atic 

Message 3 of 56 (10,338 Views)

Hero
@essie1003 Does it give any info when hovering over the sentiment (even with SE, you can't turn them off. You can only turn off lifestyles)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 56 (10,312 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I had this issue with a toddler and his mother too, the deeply wounded sentiment out of nowhere.

Message 5 of 56 (10,294 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Just the standard flavor text. I don’t know if it matters, but all sims involved are vampires. I have them hibernating hoping that the sentiment will decay over time
Message 6 of 56 (10,294 Views)

★★ Novice

I’m also having it with toddler and mother, although the toddler has grown up now, the hurt came with no reason but nearly went away and now the kid is deeply wounded by the mother and she hasn’t done anything 😂 I wish there was a cheat to reset or delete sentiments tbh

Message 7 of 56 (10,182 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@stokeysimmer Having the same issue. One toddler twin has the Deeply Wounded sentiment now for no reason. Had been just hoping it would decay but it's just getting more intense.
Message 8 of 56 (10,097 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Negative Sentiment Applied Without Reason

★ Guide

I just got the wrong sentiment for no effing reason what’s so ever. My two good and cheerful sim go on a date and one is deeply in love and the other has a festering grudge. What the hell? There are no events that would prompt that sentiment. They had a great date and despite this supposed sentiment still got engaged no problem. My complaint is therefore layered. One I would like for the creators of this poorly designed game to provide a prompt of why sims are getting sentiments they are. Even a sentence in my notification panel would be nice. Right now they seam to be random and I have no clue of what is going on. None of the events have any reason to create a festering grudge or many of the sentiments. The two sims have a full friendship meter, and full pink meter. I am getting no information on why I am getting the sentiments I do. If you are going to introduce this element to the game, context would be nice. “From happy memories” wtf does that mean? What memories? They ate dinner in the same room?  This game worse then before. Every time anything is added in terms of game play it either does not function as intended or is not thought through in design. I don’t know why you are assigning some of the sentiments. This game lacks animation to show me what happened, there is no notification. It is so frustrating. Give me context. It’s a game. I get it’s sims, but games need context. My second issue is that despite that you assigned an absurd, out of place sentiment it did not impact game play, interactions, nor animation. Basically what is the point of these sentiments if they do absolutely nothing? The sims team just added another useless, pointless feature. Here is a new panel, traits, reputation sentiment. Oh they don’t matter.

Message 9 of 56 (10,043 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Negative Sentiment Applied Without Reason

[ Edited ]
Champion

My situation isn't quite the same but similar.  I clicked "me too" so apologies if this should fall under a different thread.  Until yesterday, the sentiments haven't been a problem and actually kind of cute.  However, when I added a toddler for my two dads, things have not gone so well.  The toddler was sad about a potty accident.  When one of the dads tried to comfort him, the toddler got the hurt sentiment and is now almost always angry or sad about it.  It's been at least one or maybe two sim days and the sentiment lingers.  First, it seems silly this toddler would get a hurt sentiment from simply not wanting comfort (especially since he's "fussy" and should like the attention).  Second, I don't understand why this supposedly short term sentiment should stick around so long. Thanks for letting me vent.  I hope someone has some advice about this.

Update:  I went through almost a whole sims week, trying to rid the toddler of his hurt sentiment.  I separated him from the dad who hurt him for around 48 sim hours.  Then I tried having the dad talk to him and play with him, in an effort to generate a new sentiment.  Nothing worked.  I got super frustrated and ended up removing the toddler and adding a new one.  I seriously hope someone can somehow fix this.  

Second update:  Another "hurt" sentiment when one of the dads tried to calm down the angry toddler!  Perhaps there's a cheat to remove these irritating, seemingly random yet powerfully debilitating sentiments, especially from toddlers.  Not only do they get the sad moodlet, it also diminishes positive moodlets.  To have a toddler constantly saddened by the mere presence of one of his parents is pretty much ruining my experience with this game.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 10 of 56 (9,931 Views)