Re: [OPEN] Negative Sentiment Applied Without Reason

by PipMenace

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

My toddler got the Deeply Wounded sentiment as soon as she aged up and she's now a kid with no sign of it going away. It's really annoying this has happened to almost every toddler I've had since the sentiments update. To make it worse the mom has a sentiment where she gets sad if the kid gets sad but the kid is sad because of the mom so they're both almost always sad in their little cargo box home. 

Message 51 of 56 (1,061 Views)

Champion

I’ve not seen it in the parent, but my toddlers frequently get a festering grudge against one parent. So far I’ve only seen this in two parent households, not single parent. Not sure if that’s luck or by design because once it happens the parent they hate can’t actually take care of them without triggering tantrums. It’s hard to say what triggers it. Possibly being forced to take a bath or go to bed? Or sometimes it seems like my fussy toddlers take it as a mortal insult they will never recover from the first time a parent leaves for work...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 52 of 56 (1,042 Views)

★★ Novice

I've had this happen to almost every household with a toddler, which is incredibly frustrating! The only thing I've found that works to help make it playable is to use a cheat to add a happy sentiment as one seems to erase the other. Here's the cheat I used:

• modifyrelationship toddler parent 100 sentimentTrack_Close_ST_generic

Here's an example; Rose is the toddler and Natalie is the mother:

• modifyrelationship Rose Sparks Natalie Sparks 100 sentimentTrack_Close_ST_generic

Doing that three times eventually replaces the Hurt sentiment with Close, which is a positive sentiment.

Obviously you need to turn on cheats first for this for this to work. 

Hope that at least makes it playable until this gets fixed!

Message 53 of 56 (973 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for this cheat. I've had some weird sentiments before, but suddenly things seemed worse for me as of July 1. I updated my game and then played for a bit... my sim who was previously on everyone's good side suddenly is furious (and vice versa) with his roommate, the neighbor, an ex client, etc. I have no idea what interactions led to these sentiments and it seemed very strange that they all appeared at once. I have been playing Dream Home Decorator since it came out, and hadn't had problems with random sentiments for this sim until just yesterday.

As others have figured out, I managed to fix some of them by apologizing, but there's no way for my sim to stop being furious at the other sims.

Message 54 of 56 (947 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Haven't played since March and updated the game tonight and... this bug is still there! Including the romantic sentiments towards biological family members too. As an added bonus I'm getting "simmering rage" sentiments applied to my sims and yet they have had no negative interactions all of the sim profiles show no negative sentiments. Even my socially awkward homebody elder sim Asher has a "simmering rage" sentiment even though he lives alone and has no friends Frown

Message 55 of 56 (924 Views)

Hero

Toddlers will no longer gain negative Sentiments against their parents randomly,
specially the Festering Grudge Sentiment. I should not be laughing at this issue as I type
it, I should not…<giggles>

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

As this thread became a bit of a mixture of things: If you still have negative sentiments with no reasons, please create a new thread and describe the situation as accurate as possible

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 56 of 56 (6,300 Views)