Re: Needs bars quickly declining into the red since June 4 patch

by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] Needs decay too fast/Hard to fill (Patch 1.63.134)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By playing a household and seeing how quickly the needs bars go down into the red.
What happens when the bug occurs? Needs get fulfilled, then go quickly back down into the red. It's not a sudden crash, but they are going down noticeably faster since the June 4 patch, making it hard to keep Sims happy.
What do you expect to see? hat when a Sim's needs are fulfilled by eating, sleeping, bathing, etc., it will keep them satisfied for a reasonable time. Re: sleeping: they aren't always staying in bed till they're fully rested.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. June 3 update and June 4 patch.

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template, Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 18 (4,498 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem. The needs are taking so long to fill as well. I feel like I can never keep on top of the social need and my Sim isn't out going so I'm not sure why it depletes so quickly or takes so long to fill.

Message 2 of 18 (4,446 Views)

Hero
@barbarajt27 Could you try repairing your game through Origin to see if that makes a difference.

Haven't personally had an issue with this.

Is it for all Sims and also on a fresh save if you start one for testing purposes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 18 (4,412 Views)

★ Guide

I've noticed a significant difference as well. It's taking a lot to green up now.

Message 4 of 18 (4,374 Views)

★★★ Novice

Exactly! It takes the Sim forever in the shower to meet the hygiene need. Eating takes forever, too.

Message 5 of 18 (4,334 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks, Crin, for the response. I wanted to repair the game yesterday, but the option wasn't showing up. I'll try again today. It seems to be for all Sims and happens even after I save, leave the game and come back in.

Message 6 of 18 (4,331 Views)

Hero
@barbarajt27 You need to make sure the game is closed to be able to repair

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 18 (4,316 Views)

★★ Guide

I have noticed this, too. I thought I might be imagining it at first lol! It is since the update. Needs just seem to be decaying way faster. 

Message 8 of 18 (4,259 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Needs decay too fast/Hard to fill (Patch 1.63.134)

★ Apprentice

I noticed too that social need is decaying now way faster than normally before the recent update

Message 9 of 18 (4,213 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Needs decay too fast/Hard to fill (Patch 1.63.134)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm also having this problem. Only noticed it after the June patch. It seems to take twice as long to fill a bar and within no time at all, it's orange/red again. I've had to get a sim to sleep (full uninterrupted) three times in a 24 hour period because the needs decreased so quickly. This happened on a brand new save, created after installing Eco Living and the June update. I haven't checked old saves to see if they also have the same issue. 

Message 10 of 18 (4,174 Views)