[OPEN] Needs Not Refilling at Work/School while playing a different lot

by BlazeBard

Original Post

Re: [TO TEST] Needs Not Refilling at Work/School

Hero

Hi @BlazeBard

are the needs really in the red ? According to @SimQARobo unless they're in the red, this is by design: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-not-taking-care-of-their-needs-while-they-are-workin...

If they are would you be willing to share your save as per that thread ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 38 (1,404 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I wouldn't have noticed the problem if my Sims at work and school hadn't been Very Uncomfortable from their needs being in the red.

I would be glad to share my save if it would help fix the issue. I've had this problem occur in two of my save files, so I assume it would be more helpful if I shared them both, but I'd like to make sure that's the case.
Message 22 of 38 (1,372 Views)

★★★★ Novice
i've had this problem, too (among others that were introduced or worsened in the july 31st patch). two of my sims work at the same time in the same place and, by the time they get home, they're exhausted, haven't eaten, and need to go to the bathroom/take a shower if they managed to pee themselves at work. luckily, no one has starved to death. yet.
Message 23 of 38 (1,364 Views)

Hero

@BlazeBard I've merged the two threads now as the old one wasn't using the template I used yours as base.

Any save that has the issue is helpful so yes, please send both.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 38 (1,346 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Needs Not Refilling at Work/School while playing a different lot

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 25 of 38 (1,326 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Just a note that this still needs to be fixed as of November 2018.  Sigh.

Message 26 of 38 (1,281 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm having this issue, but it's any time I'm playing off lot, whether my sims are at work or at home. None of my sims are employed at the moment and I had one sim go fishing for two days, only to come back and find all my humans with red motives (except for food). My vampires were fine. (Well, one was in labor, so she was miserable, but otherwise)

Message 27 of 38 (1,241 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm experiencing this problem too.  Unless I keep clicking the sims to take care of themselves their needs will continue to fall into the red.  This is a problem for babies and toddlers at daycare since there's nothing you can do about it without cutting vacations or work short.  Also any sims that are supposed to go to work or school won't go unless I return home and send them myself.  I tried clicking on the "Go to work" button whilst at another lot but nothing happens.

Message 28 of 38 (1,191 Views)

Sims Don't Pee/Eat etc at Work When Another Sim is in Active Career

★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventures, Strangerville, Realm of Magic, Luxury Party Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure if this is for all careers. For me it happens when I play one sim in the Detective career and the other sim went to work in the Style Influencer career.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim in the Style Influencer career needs to go to the toilet or gets very hungry or too warm or too cold etc, while at work. They seem to not pee or eat at work while I'm playing the detective career with another sim. When the style influencer gets home they pee themself.
What do you expect to see? That the style influencer sim eats and pees at work and that they don't become too cold while I'm playing another sim in the detective career.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Example pictures:

NeedToiletAtWork.png

Hover-text says "At work". She needs to pee and pees herself when coming home.

ToColdAtWork.png

She gets too cold at work.

Message 29 of 38 (986 Views)

needs decreasing

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4 deluxe pack. Get to work. Cats & dogs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Follow a main sim to work. The other sim will not take care of their need. Everything is red on the sim staying at home when the main sim comes home. This is in the "Get to work" pack.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim at home did not take care of her needs while I was at work with the other sim.
What do you expect to see? That my sim at home would go to the bathroom and eat while I'm at work with my other sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed the "Get to work" expansion pack.

When Im at work with my main sim in "Get to work" the other sim doesn't take care of their needs.

Message 30 of 38 (1,012 Views)