by ravenshadow723

Original Post

[OPEN] Needs Not Refilling at Work/School while playing a different lot

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45.62.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4 Base Game, Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have more than one Sim in your household, at least one of whom goes to school or to a rabbit hole career, while other(s) stay at home or have an active or work-from-home career. Have all Sims who are going to work/school put sack lunches in their inventories before they leave for work/school. Send Sim(s) to their work/school rabbit holes. While those Sims are at work/school, have your playable Sim(s) travel to another lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? The needs of Sim(s) who are away at work/school will not replenish automatically while playable Sims are away from the home lot. Sack lunches will vanish from Sims' inventories. If playable Sims return to the home lot, that will cause automatic need replenishment to resume as normal, but it will not make missing sack lunches reappear.
What do you expect to see? Sims who are away at work/school should have at least their Bladder and Hunger needs replenish automatically regardless of whether playable Sims are at the home lot or at other lots; it would be weird if a school or workplace didn't have bathrooms and a lunchroom/cafeteria. A sack lunch brought to work/school should be consumed when the Sim's hunger need replenishes automatically, and the Sim should receive a Happy moodlet from eating his/her home-cooked lunch.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This bug only occurs under a very specific set of circumstances (a Sim in the household travels away from the home lot while other Sims in the household are at work/school), so there may be Simmers who have this bug in the code of their games but don't know they have it simply because they haven't encountered those circumstances in their usual gameplay.

<Merged with existing thread. Old thread had 25 me toos>

Message 20 of 38 (9,525 Views)

[OPEN] Sims not taking care of their needs while they are working

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Sims are not taking care of their need while they are working if the active sim is not on the home lot.

This bug was introduced in the December patch and I reported it here back in january http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Can-t-control-Sim-in-public-lot-AFTER-career-update/... along with sims who return home when at sim is at another lot no longer having any controls. 

Unfortunately my bug report was merged with a thread on the second issue and it now appears that the bug where the sims were not looking after their needs when they are at work has being overlooked by developers.

Today I downloaded and tested the new patch. If the the active sim is not on the home lot while a sim is at school/work the sims who is at school/work will not take care of their bladder or hunger needs until they return home. This is having a noticeable impact on their performance at school/work.

I'l post pictures when I have time.

Please please please please can the developers confirm that this bug is radar to be be fixed.

I am so deeply disappointed that it was fixed fixed before the release of GTW

Deeply deeply disappointed.

I guess I won't buying GTW after all.

Message 1 of 38 (10,934 Views)

Re: Sims not taking care of their needs while they are working

Hero

But you have the flash back now but care for self doesn't do anything ? Is that what you are saying ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 38 (10,897 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

No

They will care for themselves once they return home but while they are at work they won't take care of their needs. For example I have a sim who is a team mascot. She is also pregnant - this bug affect both pregnant and non-pregnant sim but pregnant sims suffer more because their need decay faster. She went to work, if her mother was at home she went to the toilet once and ate twice during her shift but if I sent her mother the park while she was working she wouldn't eat or go to the toilet during the shift and by the time her bladder need was in the red and her hunger need was orange and she had made less progress toward promotion. Once she returned home she started looking after her needs.

Message 3 of 38 (10,877 Views)

Hero

I'll add this.

As a reminder for next time (since I do not believe this issue to be related to the other bug), make one thread per issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 38 (10,868 Views)

Hero

I've tested this with the newest patch and believe it to be fixed.

Can you confirm this @Truet318 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 38 (10,703 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It's still a problem, sims at work/school are unable to take care of their bladder and hunger needs if the active sim is not on the home lot.

It's very easy to take a screenshot of this problem.

Message 6 of 38 (10,687 Views)

Hero

I tested this yesterday with 4 Sim while working while my active Sim was in Granite Falls. I can't really test bladder as most of my Sims have SteelBladder. Hunger was not an issue though

Maybe Granite Falls vacation is different ? I had no issue, they all took care of their needs, not right away but no one got really miserable.

I'll test again on a community lot.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 38 (10,682 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I know this is an old issue, but I've actually started experiencing it since the most recent patch - both for Sims at work and school. They won't take care of bladder or hunger needs at all until they come home. I keep using the fill needs cheat to get around it, but it's really annoying. I'm not using any mods or custom content - just the vanilla game with all expansions & stuff packs.

Message 8 of 38 (10,641 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I am having the same issue but it only started recently.  I can send my active Sim to other community lots and even Granite Falls, but when they go to work and I follow them (the Doctor's career requires you to play the "I'm a doctor for the day" mini game in order to advance their career) the Sims left at home who have work later in the day don't care for themselves when at work.

Message 9 of 38 (10,589 Views)