Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Mod related] Needs Bar doesn't change color

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion packs except Snowy Escape and Highschool days, all Game packs except Dream home decorator Journey to Batuu and My Wedding Stories, and all Stuff packs except Moschino, Movie Hangout, My first pet, Nifty knitting, and Paranormal. No kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play with a household and let their needs decay, pay attention to the needs section and the moodlets bar.
What happens when the bug occurs? Uncomfortable moodlets will not show up in the moodlets bar when a need is lowered. The plumbob will not change color relating to the need decay. In addition, the only sign of needs decaying is the need in question with a green ring around it as the icon for the need section. However, sims will still autonomously take care of needs.
What do you expect to see? Uncomfortable moodlets relating to the need should pop up in the moodlets bar, the plumbob should change color relating to a need decaying, and needs displayed on the icon for the needs section should display the appropriate color instead of only green.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The July 26th, 2022 game patch

I will be turning off my mods and testing to see if that changes anything, however people who don't use mods also have this same issue so I'm not too confident.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 3 of 112 (25,731 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Bug: sims don’t become uncomfortable when their hunger is dangerously low

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey all, 

Closing this conversation down, if you continue to need assistance please use the thread here instead.

We also have a non-mod related thread here as well. 

Thanks! 

EACade

View in thread

Message 111 of 112 (7,693 Views)

All Replies

[MODS] Sims don’t become uncomfortable when their hunger is dangerously low

[ Edited ]
★★ Newbie

Ever since the new update, my Sims’  needs panel is all messed up. There is no moodlet for hunger, exhaustion, bladder, and low fun. Instead, my child sim was taken from me because her hunger bar was empty and I wasn’t aware of it. The color of the bar was even green!!

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 112 (25,312 Views)

Re: Bug: sims don’t become uncomfortable when their hunger is dangerously low

[ Edited ]
Hero

Sounds like you're using an outdated mods. A lot of mods need updating so make sure to remove anything that didn't get updated yet and update the mods that have been.

Some info on this thread:

Since there has been a console report on this, this isn't only mods. Many have had luck with removing mods though so please try that.

This was split again as it turned into a discussion about mods.

If you have this issue on an unmodded game or are on console, please use this thread instead: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Unmodded-Needs-bar-doesn-t-change-color/m-p/11705210

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 112 (25,285 Views)

Re: Needs Glitch

★★★★★ Novice
@MyNameIsntHarper I think I fixed it?? I opened the game and turned off mods, ran a test to make sure it worked, then did that same test and everything worked fine. I'll try it again in the world I was using before, there's a good chance that it may just be corrupted in some way but we'll see what happens.
Message 4 of 112 (25,676 Views)

★ Apprentice
@MyNameIsntHarper I am also having this same problem! I hope this gets fixed along with the patch that'll fix the aging glitch!
Message 5 of 112 (25,637 Views)

Hero
@DoodleSmack32 Since it was a mod for OP, are you using any ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 112 (25,609 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@MyNameIsntHarper After trying to go back to the world I was using before, things only returned to normal after one sim day and eventually all problems came back. I'll try to test it in another world to see what happens for a longer period of time. (My original test was only one sim day long). However, I've realized that part of the problem comes from my sim sleeping! If the need is yellow while they sleep, it'll stay yellow even after the need is filled.
There is a positive though, my needs will sometimes turn yellow which is a step in the right direction, but that's only *sometimes*. This though, also leads to some issues as the need will continue to stay yellow when it should be in the orange or red range.
Message 7 of 112 (25,576 Views)

Re: Needs won’t change colors

★★★★★ Novice

Yes! I reloaded, I quit, I repaired but it still happens. It starts normal but then a few minutes in it starts to happen. Then if I go through a loading screen it gets fixed but it happens again a few minutes later. I’m play testing mods again but I don’t think that’s it because I tried it in a different file with no mods on my folder and it happened. Maybe it’s because the save file it’s corrupted ? I hope not tho

Message 8 of 112 (25,563 Views)

Hero
@marcht0thesea Can you send me your save ? I'll check it in the morning.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 112 (25,555 Views)

★ Apprentice

I would also like to add that since the needs don't change colors, they don't appear on the moodlet bar either. For example my sim's bladder is really low and she needs to go to the bathroom and normally this need appears as a moodlet and after a while the sim gets really uncomfortable. This does not happen. Even when she is about to have a bladder failure.

Message 10 of 112 (25,533 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help