Re: most every necklace looks broken on my elder female sims

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero
@LuvMySimz Yeah, it's currently pretty broken.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 18 (499 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I have this exact issue with all my female Sims regardless of age. All the necklaces looks weird. They clip inside the skin, they float way too high off the neck or the chest, or they have weird angles (zig zagging) and 'hugging' the skin in crazy ways.

It's 2023 and this still hasn't been resolved.

Message 12 of 18 (372 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

This is still an issue. Will this ever get fixed? Most of the necklaces can't be used because of this bug. Frown

Message 13 of 18 (314 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Necklaces gets messed up by high or low chest

★★★★★ Apprentice

It's 2024 and necklaces still have this weird clipping and zig-zagging bug.

But God forbid if we don't add Vitiligo pattern customization!!! What will the player base do without it! The horror!

Message 14 of 18 (227 Views)

★ Pro
@StrudelGR guess it will never get fixed as so many other bugs.
Message 15 of 18 (215 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

With the new jewelry-focused stuff pack coming out next week, it is a pity that this bug has not been fixed.

Message 16 of 18 (180 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Most chains are still angular and crooked. When will this finally be fixed? And yes, it's not just on elderly sims but all ages. I've also found that you can improve it a bit by pulling the ribcage or chest down a bit on women, but I don't want all my Sims to have saggy "fronts"

Message 17 of 18 (142 Views)

Neck Accessories Bug

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.105.332.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Journey to Baatu and a few Kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter CAS mode and try to add a neck accessory to a Sim that's not overweight.
What happens when the bug occurs? All neck accessories appear distorted, zig-zagging, chunky, hidden inside the skin, or floating way above the chest. This happens to all female body types and it also happens to male Sims, but the distortion on male Sims is less visible. This has been happening to me for many years.
What do you expect to see? Neck accessories looking alright on the Sim regardless of their body type.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

All neck accessories appear distorted, zig-zagging, chunky, hidden inside the skin, or floating way above the chest. This happens to all female body types and it also happens to male Sims, but the distortion on male Sims is less visible (I think because their body type can't get very thin). I think I pinpointed the issue to body weight lately. It seems that on extremely fat Sims (max muscle and body weight and big shoulder length) the neck accessories work flawlessly. On any Sim below max weight the issues with clipping begin, with the thinner the Sim the more problematic neck accessories become (e.g., no muscle and low body weight the accessories even clip inside the body...). For instance, look at the attached image of my Sim who has the lowest muscle and weight sliders. All necklaces look crooked with clipping issues.

Now, I am using a few CC mods (nothing affecting gameplay, just a few Build objects and a few CAS items). If I play with shoulder length or chest size, I can see the neck accessory moving appropriately, but it can never look right unless the Sim is extremely overweight, in which case the distortion is less visible and completely disappears at max fatness and muscle.

I disabled all CC and the neck accessories still look distorted. On some Sims it is very prominent, but on others its less visible (but still there).

I also moved the Mods folder to Desktop, deleted localthumbcache.package and tested on a New Save. The issue is still there. It seems to be an issue with Sim weight/muscle. Overweight Sims (max muscle and fatness) have no issues. Any changes to lower the body weight causes neck accessories become more and more distorted.

Does anyone have the same issue? A thread in the past I remember had a similar issue and it was acknowledged as a bug, but how can it still be on-going after so many years? It is so annoying.

https://imgur.com/a/DKYx8vD

Message 18 of 18 (116 Views)