[OPEN] Nail clipping/misalignment for Sims with opposite gender frames/clothing

by t00sa

Original Post

Bug with Masculine Clothing/Feminine Frame and Nails

I noticed that when I change my female sim to masculine clothing items there is a glitch in her nails, looks like her arm/hand position changes which makes the nails apply weird to her hand. I have not tried nails on male sims so this leads me to believe that nails aren't an available for male sims which is why it distorts. I'd love a fix for this issue in the next patch!

Message 21 of 30 (998 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Nail clipping/misalignment for Sims with opposite gender frames

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I'm seeing this as well, and only after the last update. I attached some screenshots from CAS that show a male Sim with masculine clothing on with base game nails (that are fine), and then the Carnaval nails (that are clearly not fine). I'm also seeing the same glitch with male Sims wearing the Spa Day nails with masculine and feminine clothing. I haven't seen any glitches with female Sims wearing female clothing, but the last screenshot shows a glitch with the female Sim wearing masculine clothing.

Message 22 of 30 (938 Views)

Nails stick underneath the skin, if a female sim wears a male top

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.86.166.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage Living, Island Living, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Vampires, Spa Day, Paranormal Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In Create a Sim, make a female Sim and give it some nails (I used both, Basegame and Spa Day Nails). Now, give your Sim a MALE top (I tried some hoodies) and then the nails will stick into the skin, like it's underneath the skin.
What happens when the bug occurs? The nails will be underneath the finger skin, if you give your female sim a male top.
What do you expect to see? The Nails shouldn't be underneath the skin but on top on it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I hope the screenshots I attached work!

But I mean it's a small bug that can be recreated very quickly Standard smile

It's nothing dramatic but something that kinda annoys the eye, have a nice day!

Message 23 of 30 (904 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Nail clipping/misalignment for Sims with opposite gender frames/cloth

★★ Novice

Same issue. I have a feminine frame sim who I want to put in a suit (tagged as masculine) for their wedding and I gave them nailpolish and it's clipping.

Message 24 of 30 (435 Views)

Base Game Nail Polish

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Base game nail swatches are not showing up properly on some outfit categories. I have removed all custom content and I don't use mods so that is not the issue. 

Message 25 of 30 (341 Views)

Re: Base Game Nail Polish

Hero
@sweeteahaechan Could you give some more details ?

Which ones are you missing exactly on which outfit ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 30 (302 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

The outfit categories that nails don't work on are: Everyday, Formal, Active, and Party. Nails from the packs Werewolves, Poolside Splash, Spa Day, and Base Game do not work. The issue is only for feminine framed Sims. Everything works fine on masculine framed Sims. 

Message 27 of 30 (288 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@sweeteahaechanIs this with masculine style shirts on feminine framed Sims? That's how I can reproduce the issue. Feminine framed Sims wearing feminine style shirts the nails are fine. Masculine framed Sims' nails are fine in both masculine and feminine shirts.

Edit: Was able to duplicate on warm and cold weather wear as well, with a feminine Sim and masculine shirt - though interestingly, the bug does NOT occur with the new Crystal Creations shirts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 28 of 30 (270 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yes, the sim I'm making is nonbinary. They have a feminine frame but are wearing a masculine-framed shirt. Thank you for figuring out what was causing the nail polish issue. 

Message 29 of 30 (257 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@sweeteahaechan Merged this with the existing thread.

Wasn't sure what if you meant that they clip and look bad or that they aren't available.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 30 (250 Views)