[OPEN] Nail clipping/misalignment for Sims with opposite gender frames/clothing

by t00sa

Original Post

Re: Nail clipping/misalignment for Sims with opposite gender frames

★★ Apprentice

I just wanted to bring it to someone's attention about the nails.  This involves the unlockable sparkly top and pants from Get Famous.  I had this on a female with a female body frame in that outfit, and the nails are messed up, much like the ones in the pictures already posted.

Message 11 of 30 (1,304 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Nail clipping/misalignment for Sims with opposite gender frames

★★ Novice
@t00sa I’m also having this problem and notice it happens the same with even just opposite gender clothes. It also affects custom nails where this was not a problem before in game nails
Message 12 of 30 (1,249 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Little update: with some male tops on a feminine frame the rings clip too. I didn't notice the same happening with masculine frames.

11-02-21 (1).png

11-02-21 (2).png

Message 13 of 30 (1,193 Views)

Confirming that I'm having the same problem as ruezu above.

This is for a new sim who has a feminine frame and has feminine clothing for all outfits except a masculine suit for formal. She has nail polish in all outfits. When she wears the formal (masculine) outfit only, the nails clip badly as in ruezu's picture.

Message 14 of 30 (1,058 Views)

Fingernails appear warped on trans body frames

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except the star wars one, and I have bust the dust disabled
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In create a sim, create a female sim with a male frame or vice versa. Choose any item from the fingernails category
What happens when the bug occurs? Fingernails will appear warped and stretched with skin.
What do you expect to see? The nails should appear the same as they do when the physical frame for a female is female and vice versa.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Female sim with male frame

01-12-22_5-07-05 PM.png

male sim with male frame

01-12-22_5-08-00 PM.png

male sim with female frame

01-12-22_5-10-14 PM.png

female sim with female frame

01-12-22_5-11-05 PM.png

Message 15 of 30 (1,052 Views)

★★ Pro

I'm suddenly not sure if I'm talking about the same thing (does the frame.. just mean which model to use for the sim, as in a male body type with broad shoulders vs. female body type with breasts and wide hips?) but anyway what I'm seeing is that when I put male clothes (= masculine fashion choice) on a female sim (female body type) the nails take a bizarre shape, much like in some pics people have posted here.

It's easy to test this though, just take a female sim, give her nails and put her in a men's suit and observe the wonky nails.

Message 16 of 30 (954 Views)

Carnaval Kit nails masc frame clipping

★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? Español
What is your current game version number? 1.83.24.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Carnaval Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put the carnaval nails on a male frame
What happens when the bug occurs? The carnaval kit nails work fine for female frames but for male, even in the thumbnail it shows the model doesnt fit
What do you expect to see? Fixed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

as shown in the screenshot attatched, the nails visibly clip into the hand

Message 17 of 30 (1,167 Views)

Nails clipping when female sims wear male clothing

★★ Novice

Platform:Mac
What is your current game version number? 1.83.24.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Cottage Living, Get Famous, Get to Work, Island Living, Seasons, Realm of Magic, Vampires, Moschino Stuff, Paranormal Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff and Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into Create-a-Sim and choose a female sim. Change the clothing preferences to male and put female sim into a male clothing item. Then apply nails.
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to put nails on my female sims wearing male clothes and they clip with the clothing.
What do you expect to see? The nails should look the same as when I put female clothes on my sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The picture shows my sims with nails in male clothes versus female clothes.

Message 18 of 30 (1,094 Views)

Re: Carnaval Kit nails masc frame clipping

Hero

@MalMalson 

I checked the new nails and they do just as you report.  They don't fit properly on a male hand. But they work right on the female hand. 

Hope this helps.

Message 19 of 30 (1,080 Views)

Carnaval nails clip through on masculine sims

★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? 1.83.24.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage living, snowy escapes, eco lifestyle, discover university, island living, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work, dream home decorator, realm of magic, strangerville, parenthood, vampires, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, paranormal, nifty knitting, tiny living, my first pets laundry day, vintage glamor, kids room, spooky, prefect patio, blooming rooms kit, industrial kit, carnaval kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put carnaval nails onto a masculine sim in CAS
What happens when the bug occurs? The nails clip though the sims hand and look odd sitting there
What do you expect to see? The nails to sit properly on his hands like they would on a feminine framed sim
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This only happens with the carnaval streetwear nails not spa day or basegame and it only occurs on sims with a masculine body frame. Turned off all mods to make sure it wasn’t on my end but it happens with a vanilla game too

Message 20 of 30 (992 Views)