by t00sa

Original Post

[OPEN] Nail clipping/misalignment for Sims with opposite gender frames/clothing

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.79.93.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work. Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat. Moschino, Laundry Day, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Romantic Garden. Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Make sure your game is updated. 2. Open the game and go to CAS. 3. Create a female sim with a masculine frame or a male sim with a feminine frame. 4. Put nails on your sim, and see if it clips with the fingers.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nails clip on a female sim with a masculine frame and a male sim with a feminine frame.
What do you expect to see? Nails not clipping and no misalignment.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It happened after Spa Day update.

• Nails clip both in CAS and in game.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title, added tag

Message 5 of 24 (4,198 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Nails partially paint clothing

★★★ Apprentice

I've also noticed another issue with the new nail designs.

There appears to be a visual glitch when applying them to sims who are transgender, or have custom gender settings in CAS that include feminine and masculine frames. The nails don't line up that well, and is more apparent when using longer nail designs. The nails also look patchy, and parts of skin can be seen showing through the nails in some areas. This happens for both hands, and all nail lengths and designs.

I've tested with and without mods and CC, but the issue still occurs.

Message 1 of 24 (4,433 Views)

Nails clip a bit on a transgender sim

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

First, I love the Spa Day update, but I noticed that nails are clipping on trans sims, both masculine and feminine frames, and I think they're a bit misaligned also. The clipping/misalignment isn't as noticeable with the longest nails. I took some pics of how they look in CAS as well as in game.

Message 2 of 24 (4,235 Views)

Re: Nails clip a bit on a transgender sim

Champion (Retired)

@t00sa 

As there are no transsims in the game I assume that you mean female sims in male clothes or the other way around. Or are you talking about some kind of mod you are using? I see from the last picture that you have broken Mods/CC in the game. Move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game
If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 24 (4,217 Views)

@t00sa 

I see this too.

Male sim, male frame:

Screenshot 2021-09-08 at 18.09.15.png

Male sim, female frame:

Screenshot 2021-09-08 at 18.10.02.png

Female sim, female frame:

Screenshot 2021-09-08 at 18.13.25.png

Female sim, male frame:

Screenshot 2021-09-08 at 18.13.48.png

Could you please create a bug report in the bug forum and this thread can be merged into it? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 24 (4,199 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@jpkarlsen I meant a female sim with a masculine frame and vice versa, I was trying to be inclusive, but anyway, mods were disabled during the taking of the images, and I haven't installed any cc nails.
Message 6 of 24 (4,188 Views)

Message 7 of 24 (4,183 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora Also I just noticed that from your close-ups, that the fingertips themselves look a little morphed, at least on the male sim with female frame -one
Message 8 of 24 (4,149 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@t00sa 

I was not trying to be facetious just to be clear on what was talked about. Also I was not talking about the nails regarding broken CC but in your third picture there is a hole between the legs. This is usually a sign of broken CC.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 9 of 24 (4,111 Views)

Re: Nail clipping/misalignment

★★★ Apprentice

Can confirm that I'm seeing the same visual clipping.

I did post about it in this bug report here as I wasn't sure whether all bug reports regarding the new nails should be kept together or not.

As always, I've done the usual wash, rinse and repeat steps to ensure the issue it not caused by mods, CC or anything else on my end.

Message 10 of 24 (4,087 Views)