[OPEN] NPCs won't extinguish fires

by unseenlarks

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] NPCs won't extinguish fires

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I just had a fire and I called the fire department. The firefighter NPCs showed up and did nothing about the fire they just sat down in the kitchen and let the stove continue to burn. I had to put it out myself and lost a counter as well due to the slow response.

Edit By Crinrict: Removed unnecessary Spoiler Tags

Message 31 of 44 (798 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I think this is the only thing that still drives me crazy and makes me want to uninstall the whole game lol. I understand everything but why this has to happen when you visit someone's lot since all interactions are already set to be locked and if the household on the lot doesn't do anything half the house burns down. This has happened a lot but I rage quitted today because I had literally just redecorated the whole room! And now it's all burned down.

Why?

Just why?

P.S. The Fire Department never showed up but I also tend to delete when too many NPCs start taking up my townie count. Making them Hidden NPCs or something would do my mind a great peace--unless they already are. Idk what happened then.

P.P.S I only wish that there was a limit to how long a fire can last. My sims will actually die in the time it takes for a fire to go out. I guess they just have to YOLO into the fire. EIther way they're dead.

Message 32 of 44 (728 Views)

★ Guide

Saying something here to bump this up, because it's still happening. I was watching a Sims Youtuber (James Turner) today and it happened twice for him. It was his video from yesterday ("I tried to play The Sims with every lot challenge enabled) and he just had to wait for the fire to burn itself out. His Sim acted like he couldn't get to it, and the firefighters just stood there and didn't do anything.

Message 33 of 44 (690 Views)

Re: Fire Started On A Celebrity's House And I Can't Get My Sim Out Of The Lot

★★★ Newbie
@Sketch793 Thanks for this. I ended up being able to teleport into the house to put the fire out.
Message 34 of 44 (587 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm having this problem, but my Sim never knocked to enter the house, so I can't put out the fire. I try to knock - you can't, there's a fire. I try to use my phone to call a fire department - you can't, there's a fire. I try to click on the fire to extinguish it (it's the only thing I can see in the house), and my Sim waves that he can't access it. I try to click on the fire to call the fire department, and my Sim waves that he can't access it.

I wouldn't mind extinguishing it (I've got a freeze ray on me - buy them as a gift, put out fires instantly!). But I can't do anything, and it's been hours.

Message 35 of 44 (526 Views)

Re: Fire Started On A Celebrity's House And I Can't Get My Sim Out Of The Lot

★ Apprentice

That worked! Mostly, then the fire got stuck in the chimney. I was willing to test how immortal my werewolf was by teleporting straight into the fire in the chimney, but the game wouldn't let me.

Message 36 of 44 (522 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It is December 2022and tbis happened to me. At oasis springs fishing and a house near by has a fire and I can’t use my phone, leave the area or save. I can’t even knock on door to put fire out. Residents that live there are just standing outside yelling about it but no fire department showing up and I’m literally stuck 

Message 37 of 44 (483 Views)

Fire Bug Killed Sim.

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.97.42.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage Living Seasons High School Years City Living Cats & Dogs Discover University Eco Lifestyle Island Living Get Together Get Famous Get to Work Growing Together Jungle Adventure Spa Day Tiny Living Laundry Day Movie Hangout Vintage Glamour Bowling Night Dine Out Journey to Batuu Fashion Street Bathroom Clutter
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Have an active Stay over event 2. Have all playable sims be at work or at school. 3. Have the stay over sim use the dryer.
What happens when the bug occurs? So, I am in a Willow Creek lot. The lot right across from the Goth house...I had 2 NPC sims staying over for a few days...Then one of the npc sims used the dryer and caught on fire...the 2nd NPC sim freaked out for the longest time, then ran outside of the house leaving the other npc sim on fire...didn't try to extinguish her or anything...If that wasn't enough...the whole time the fire alarm is blasting...The Firefighters never showed up...all my playable sims were at work and at school...so I didn't have the option to put her out myself...so the npc sim ended up dying. This is quite depressing since I had fire safety set up. but the game decided Fire fighters weren't a thing and it killed one of my sims.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the firefighters show up when the house is on fire and the alarm is sounding and NPC's with the ability to extinguish other npc's when they are on standing next to other sims on fire.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The Most Recent one as of 4/22/2023

I don't have an image to share.

Message 38 of 44 (397 Views)

★★★ Novice

As I write this, in 2023 YEARS after the initial issue with this, I am currently with my first generation legacy stuck. She went to meet her sister's children so that I could invite them all to the infants birthday party and while meeting the toddler outside a fire broke out. I hadn't asked to come in yet so I now can't get into the house and both adults from the family are standing outside so I can't get in now either. They also let their toddler wander back inside to the fire. I thought maybe I could use one of my mods to cheat and add the sim to my family/switch control of the family in order to gain access to the house but that doesn't seem to work for me either since you can't do ANYTHING while the fire is burning. I'm not sure when the last time I saved was before this and I'm going to be so upset if I have to quit and lose progress because of this

Message 39 of 44 (346 Views)

★ Apprentice

This is happening AGAIN.

I saw this on one youtuber's video about Horse Ranch and just happened to me on the same lot.

I was discovering the cave, the fire started on one lot, the Sim inside died and my Sim and horse just stuck. I've been waiting for a long time to fire to start but nothing happened.

I needed to exit to the main menu and lost 3 hours of gameplay. This is ridiculous. 

Message 40 of 44 (261 Views)