[OPEN] NPCs won't extinguish fires

by unseenlarks

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] NPCs won't extinguish fires

★★ Guide
@unseenlarks I have a similar issue in Sulani. My two sims went scuba diving in Sulani, and to do that they had visit a house. A fire started burning in the kirchen, while the man of the house was lying on the floor with the Grim Reaper hovering over him. The wife and kid are standing outside doing nothing.

I can’t save or leave the lot.
Message 21 of 44 (1,129 Views)

Can't put out fire (again)

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Dansk
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? The latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to an NPC ground with a house. Don't knock on door. Wait untill an NPC starts a fire.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.
What do you expect to see? I wan't to be able to get my sim to do something. Whether it's to go away, put out fire or something else doesn't matter. Just something!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My sims went to visit some relatives in an NPC house. An NPC attempted to cook I think while my sim was hugging family members outside the house. A fire started. The NPCs didn't put it out. Because my sim hadn't knocked on the door yet, she couldn't get to the fire inside the house. I couldn't do anything to get her out. Not travel, not put out the fire, no cheats, nothing. I had to end the game without saving. It's not the first time I have issues with fire. 

Message 22 of 44 (1,112 Views)

Re: Can't put out fire (again)

★ Guide

Not entirely if it's any help, but did they have a fire alert? I had it that when I didn't had one in my household NPCs outside wouldn't come help in case of a fire, but would if there was a fire alarm.

Might have been a coincidence though

Message 23 of 44 (1,088 Views)

Hero
@thecuriousrobot Merged your post with existing report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 44 (1,086 Views)

★★ Pro

Perhaps put a sprinkler system in all your friend's houses in manage worlds? Supposedly they put out fires inside if there is one and you should be able to reach any fires that are outside just fine. It'd be annoying at best to have to do this, but if it saves you from getting stuck until a house is burnt down it might be worth trying. On the other hand, I've never tested it out so I can't be sure it'll work on someone else's lot if you are just visiting and haven't gained entry inside. It's worth a shot...

I have a question. Can you call the fire department if it isn't your lot that is on fire? That could be another potential answer to this problem. Seeing as a fire has never started on someone else's lot with me stuck outside in any of my games, I honestly can't try either of these methods.

Message 25 of 44 (1,036 Views)

Re: Fire Started On A Celebrity's House And I Can't Get My Sim Out Of The Lot

★★★★★ Novice
@adasaskin Almost the exact same thing just happened to me. I waited it out and when the fire appeared on the outside of the house, one of my sims was able to extinguish it.
Message 26 of 44 (996 Views)

Re: [OPEN] NPCs won't extinguish fires

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

How is this still persisting while you keep making new content? its been around for years, Its essentially a game breaker. Making Sims 4 a Lockdown simulator.

I cant visit an NPC home or even community lots that have objects that can potentially catch fire (BBQ etc) because it ALWAYS happens and you cant leave for days and are unable to stop it working.. Removing Firefighters/Police and other NPC workers are the main thing I miss from earlier sims games because they handled the problem. If you dont have a system in place to handle the problem for NPC's then remove the problem. ie make everything on NPC lots fireproof.

Id rather the return of firefighters into the base game (patch not DLC) but cant see EA not marketing a problem they created.

But hey.. once again the Modding community has fixed the game for EA, Bringing back firefighters [removed mod link]

[CM edit - Please do not directly link to mods on AHQ. Thanks!]

Message 27 of 44 (939 Views)

Champion
@wildrideuk Firefighters are being added to the Base game next week for free for all players in the 2 June patch that comes out before Eco Lifestyle.
Message 28 of 44 (893 Views)

★ Apprentice
@simvasion Yes, I just read! That is awesome news! I'm going to start a fire to test it right away :-)
Message 29 of 44 (842 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I also had this problem. My sim caught fire, I had no fire alarm (I hadn't added one to that household yet, despite the patch), and all the NPCs just stood there doing nothing. I think NPCs should distinguish the fire. Also, other household members should do this too, I shouldn't have to tell them to do it or to call the Fire Department. Maybe just children should run out for safety (I don't remember if children can die by fire).

Message 30 of 44 (811 Views)