[OPEN] NPCs won't extinguish fires

by unseenlarks

Original Post

Fire on lot I cannot enter, completely stuck.

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Vampires, Spooky Stuff, Free stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to Admiral’s Wreckage with a household living there.( Have Cursed trait active)
What happens when the bug occurs? A fire broke out right as I arrived on the lot and not only is no one in the household extinguishing it but my active sim hadn’t knocked on the door yet so I can’t extinguish it myself. Can’t leave, can’t save.
What do you expect to see? At least wait for fires to start until I have access to the lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I’m completely stuck and even after trying every cheat I can find I’m still trapped with no way to save or continue playing. 

Message 11 of 44 (3,131 Views)

Re: Fire on stranger's lot - cannot save, go home or travel?

★★★ Newbie

Same thing happening to me as I write this. Traveled to a neighbours lot, I was whipping up some lunch, and the house owner didn't like me doing it 🤷‍♀️......my lunch caught fire just at the same time as she kicked me out of the house. Now no-one is extinguishing the fire. I cannot go back in to do it myself since I was kicked out. Cannot leave the lot, interact with anyone/ do anything except stand and wait..... this is a massive 2 storey house that is taking forever to burn out 😩😩

Message 12 of 44 (3,029 Views)

Fire Started On A Celebrity's House And I Can't Get My Sim Out Of The Lot

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When a fire starts on a celebrity lot
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't do anything, I'm stuck
What do you expect to see? To leave the lot where the fire has started
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I feel like the most impossible thing just happened to me with Get Famous. I made my sim go to Octavia Moon's house, just because I wanted to see what the area looked like. I don't have any specific relationship with Octavia Moon, or with any of the household members, so obviously I can't go in the house, or even knock on the door, to begin with.So I went there, and a couple of seconds later, I got the notification that a fire had started on the lot. Octavia had "discovered the fire". So immediately after, the other household members came outside running. And there, I was stuck. I tried to take my sim elsewhere, to leave the game (but it wouldn't let me save), or to switch control to my other sim, who was at home. But none of that would work. I also tried to get inside the house myself, in hopes that maybe I could put the fire out by myself,  which didn't work either because as I had mentioned, I can't knock on the door. Interactions with other sims outside the house wouldn't work either, since the only interaction I get when I click on a sim is "Fire!". My sim is about to die. She has already peed herself and is starving. I can't seem to find a way to get out of this situation. I have about 2 hours of unsaved gameplay and I certainly don't want to lose that. I'd be very grateful if anyone could help me.

Message 13 of 44 (3,007 Views)

Re: Fire Started On A Celebrity's House And I Can't Get My Sim Out Of The Lot

Hero
@adasaskin Going to merge this with the NPCs fires one as it's essentially the same issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 44 (2,966 Views)

Re: Fire Started On A Celebrity's House And I Can't Get My Sim Out Of The Lot

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@adasaskinYou can probably keep your sim alive using cheats. Open the cheat console by pressing Ctrl-Shift-C. Use testingCheats on as your cheat code. Shift-click on your sim, go to Cheat Need... and Make Happy. After that, you can Disable Need Decay. That should keep your sim alive until the fire goes out.

Another thing you could try is shift-click on the balcony next to the fire and Teleport Here. Once you are on the balcony you might be able to extinguish the fire. If not, you can always teleport back to the street to wait it out.

Good luck.

Message 15 of 44 (2,946 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Fires NPC lot

★★ Novice

My kid was visiting a friend's house when a fire started. Everyone ran outside. I couldn't get my kid to go home. Since she's a kid she couldn't try to put out the fire. This was on a Sunday. I didn't want to close out because I hadn't save recently, but after 3 days of the fire continuing to burn I had to shutdown. Something needs to be done about this. Either firefighters or have the npc characters do something. The family my kid was visiting went to work and school while my kid was stuck and dying because she couldn't get food, sleep, or a shower.

Message 16 of 44 (2,877 Views)

Fires never go out

★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? -
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all EPs except GF and IL. GP - OA, JA, SV, Parenthood, Bowling, Restaurants. SP - Laundry, Movie hangout, Toddler.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a fire.
What happens when the bug occurs? As soon as a fire breaks out, it keeps spreading even though nothing is around, it just keeps burning on the ground. Also, no sim tries to extinguish the fire. As we speak, my sim is at her friend's (Roswell) house, Ted started a fire in the grill, and ran off. Since my sim is a child, I can't extinguish the fire. I can't bring her mom over to extinguish it, and I can't tell the Roswell's to do it. The fire started at 5 pm and now it is 11 pm in game, still burning. My sim can't get food and is hungry. I think this is ridiculous and it has happened before but those times I could tell an adult to go take care of the fire after a while. The longest fire-time I've experienced was for 24 h in-game.
What do you expect to see? When a fire breaks out, I expect it to not spread if nothing is around to spread to. I also expect one of the adults to extinguish the fire. Or - that the fire alarm actually had a function other than the alarm and firefighters came to rescue you, but I know that is too much to ask for.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The first time this happened was about a month ago, before that I did not feel that fires were so persistent 

Message 17 of 44 (2,906 Views)

Re: Fires never go out

★★ Guide

It sounds like you're running into this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-NPCs-won-t-extinguish-fires/td-p/6656301

Please leave a "Me Too" on that thread.

Message 18 of 44 (2,863 Views)

Hero
@lizafideli95 Merged your post with existing report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 44 (2,837 Views)

★★ Pro

These situations REALLY should NOT happen. NPC's should put out fires on their own lots and if it isn't your own lot that is on fire you should be allowed to travel home, especially if you are a child sim.

I'd probably let whatever happens, happen...then revert back to an older save. This is why I have a few saves I cycle through of any given family. Something terrible happens that is out of my control and I can just go back as if it never happened.

Message 20 of 44 (2,796 Views)