by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] NPCs won't extinguish fires

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dine Out GP, Backyard SP, Cool Kitchen SP, Fitness SP, Movie Hangout SP.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? visit a household and wait for a fire to start.
What happens when the bug occurs? household members/inactive Sims will not put out the fire. some will not even react.
What do you expect to see? at least one of them to try to extinguish the fire.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

i noticed the "autonomy issues" thread was set to be about toddlers, so i'm making this one. my apologies if it's wrong to do so.

i was playing a Sim who'd travelled to visit friends (a household of 8) when a fire happened to start in one of the kitchens. everybody but my active Sim either stared at it, or walked up to stand in the middle of it. nobody tried to extinguish it/themselves, so i had to direct my active Sim to (attempt to) do it.

i've seen this happen several times before, but in very small houses with only one NPC, so it was easy to get to the fires quickly. this time, my active Sim was upstairs when the fire warning notification appeared.

i play with autonomy on for everybody but the active Sim. i didn't choose 100% under "how often", only because i can't get any more fires to test with today... even in that household of 8.

EDIT by Crinrict: Changed Tag in title

Message 1 of 44 (7,452 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] NPCs won't extinguish fires

Hero
@unseenlarks

are you sure they did before ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 44 (7,388 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

hm. every time, i had to direct my active Sim to put out the actual fire. but the NPCs did extinguish *themselves*, or at least run to safety, right? now i'm not sure...

i forgot to say that, some of them, i have seen stand outside freaking out, but others just run to the fire. very strange...

(edit: i saw a post on the TS4 forums saying their Sims "came running with the fire extinguishers all on their own".)

Message 3 of 44 (7,383 Views)

Hero
I'm really unsure myself but I'm pretty sure I once had a family I was visiting perish cause they didn't put out the fire and that was a long while ago.

I do think they should be running outside and household Sims do extinguish themselves but I'm unsure if NPCs do or just freak out.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 44 (7,374 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

household members not being controlled run to the fire (or just stand around freaking out) autonomously. but that's all i've seen so far.

Message 5 of 44 (7,369 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
Added this for now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 44 (7,317 Views)

★★ Expert
thanks!
Message 7 of 44 (7,309 Views)

Sims 4 Fires NPC lot

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Origin
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Get to Work, Get Together, Dine Out, Kids Room Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to NPC lot with a child, have fire start.
What happens when the bug occurs? No-one puts out the fire and you cannot leave use phone or anything because of fire.
What do you expect to see? An NPC put the fire out.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Can't believe this is STILL not remedied.

NPC sims wont put out fires, meaning you can get stuck on their lot unable to leave until the fire burns itself out. At least as a kid you cant. Happened in an apartment so not sure that even an adult who did not live there could resolve it, but this should be handled by NPC.

wtf happened to firefighters in Sims 4??

My kid was there stuck there overnight and well into the next afternoon on a school day.

Message 8 of 44 (7,241 Views)

Re: Fire on stranger's lot - cannot save, go home or travel?

★★ Apprentice

It's 2019 and this is still happening.

As I'm writing this, my whole family is standing outside a neighbour's house. I can see fire in the neighbour's backyard (grill). The neighbour has run outside and she's freaking out, my whole family is freaking out, my toddler is starving and tired, my two teenagers and mother tried to knock on the door, but it did not work for either of them and they cannot perform the knock on the door action a second time, because - I quote - "there's fire on the lot" Oo. I cannot travel to my house (which is literally opposite), I cannot send my toddler to daycare, I cannot save the game and I cannot extinguish the fire. I get that these situations don't happen often, but why on Earth would anyone at EA think that this would be a good game mechanic?

Message 9 of 44 (7,176 Views)

Re: Fire on stranger's lot - cannot save, go home or travel?

Hero
@chrolka Moved your post over to a more current thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 44 (7,170 Views)