[FIXED] NPCs coming into apartments/houses uninvited

by JochenWeiss

Original Post

Re: [CL] NPCs coming into apartment uninvited

Hero

@ZGamer Please make a separate thread for console.

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 81 of 151 (1,794 Views)

★ Guide

Same thing has happened to me, but i owned a restaurant and this guy walks in and he didn't have any star review above his head, he was just there talking to all the people and i couldn't ask him to leave, there was no option.. 

Message 82 of 151 (1,781 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

i´ve got the same problem, and it´s 2018 guys...

the sims "terrorizing" me are my neighbours... i don´t even have the option to "ask them to leave", nothing... they come in and stay, no chance to get rid of them...

i can´t believe this issue has been known for so long now and no solution is present...

also one question, maybe a request... if i lock the door for all but my household, will sims with a key be able to get in?
If not, would it be possible to add that? seems a better way than deleting my neighbours frequently...

Edit: Okay, i tried and appearently, Sims with a key can´t enter or leave a locked appartment... which looks kinda like a huge overlook to me...i mean, what´s the point of a key if they can´t use it :P

an option to "lock the door for all but Sims with key" would be great i guess Wink

Message 83 of 151 (1,729 Views)

Re: [OPEN] NPCs coming into apartments/houses uninvited

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I just got the sims 4 city living and I have this issue. My neighbor isn't goofy or insane, and she WILL. NOT. STOP. I can't just lock the door because then my sims friends can't get out. Both my sims have full enemy bars with this neighbor (don't ask lol) and all she does is come over and fight with them. I've even added the private dwelling trait and it did nothing. I'm considering just deleting the sim from the game altogether. The only thing I can think of is my sim is now in a relationship with her old husband. I cheated and cleared their marriage so he could be with him, lol. I gave him a key, so maybe for some reason she thinks she's just allowed in? It's super annoying. Teeth bared

Message 84 of 151 (1,655 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @veemobii

Do you still have save files with this problem?

If so, would you be willing to share them?

Instructions here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 85 of 151 (1,618 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@veemobii,

Yep, I had a family that hated their daughter's first husband, but yet he could just stop by anywhere whenever he felt like it. Doing whatever he felt like doing. He didn't even have a key to the other apartments, so I have no idea how he could get in anyways.

As someone mentioned earlier, there's a missed opportunity in giving a sim a key, but if you lock the door, having said key should allow that sim access regardless. Like in real life, if you lock the door but give someone a key, regardless of if the door is locked, that person obviously has access.

Message 86 of 151 (1,530 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @Quien80946

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you!

Message 87 of 151 (1,504 Views)

★ Guide

@SimGuruIcarus,

Sorry for the late response. Didn't even see this message until just now. Sure, I can send my file when I get the chance a bit later. Thank you.

Message 88 of 151 (1,455 Views)

★ Guide

@SimGuruIcarus and @crinrict,

I have sent you both my game file in a private message. Thank you for all of your hard work and assistance!

Message 89 of 151 (1,437 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I just thought of another issue that's similar/related to this one. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this one (though someone posted earlier that they had this problem with their restaurant)...

I had a club meeting at one of my sim's homes. After I ended it, one of the invited members (her youngest sister) wouldn't go away, and I couldn't ask her to leave. I had to enable cheats and reset that sim (the one that wouldn't go away), then I had the option to ask her to leave.

Same thing happened during a birthday party- sim's cousin wouldn't leave, he just stood around in the kitchen until I reset him. Again, both of these situations happened in houses, not apartments.

So, in a nutshell:

Apartments- uninvited guests break in

Homes- invited guests won't leave

Message 90 of 151 (1,393 Views)