[FIXED] NPCs coming into apartments/houses uninvited

by JochenWeiss

Original Post

Re: Solution to the Residential/Generic Lot Bug (Sims won't leave house)

★★ Novice

Any news on this getting fixed? It still seems to happen often.

Message 50 of 151 (1,689 Views)

Re: [OPEN] NPCs coming into apartments/houses uninvited

★★★★ Novice

I've ordered pizza twice and the pizza guy comes in and grabs a slice

Message 51 of 151 (1,818 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

It happens all day long at my penthouse. I make sure not to talk to anyone and when I finally remember to lock the door it's too late someone's already in! It's seriously annoying!  I'm wondering if it had anything to do with leaving an affirming a note on the bulletin board?!  If so how do I remove this note?? 

Message 52 of 151 (1,790 Views)

★★ Novice

I have found that giving the lot the private trait helps towards keeping people out unless you give them a key!

Message 53 of 151 (1,780 Views)

Re: [CL] NPCs coming into apartment uninvited

★ Guide

Why allow sims with these traits to be able to just walk into your apartment?  No one does that in real life....ugh.

Message 54 of 151 (1,763 Views)

Re: [CL] NPCs coming into apartment uninvited

★★★★ Novice
Same exact issue with Greeta
Message 55 of 151 (1,636 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] NPCs coming into apartment uninvited

★★★ Newbie

I usually mess around with manage worlds to access their household, sometimes doesn't work and keep your front door locked like no visitors

Message 56 of 151 (1,569 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Cant believe that after 6 months this bug still persists.

Its very easy to replicate, start a new game go to the city pick an apartment (I chose the one with Gnomes/Pixies in Medina Studios).

Watch the chaos unfold. Welcome wagon comes and goes fine.

I ended up with some random sim that wouldnt leave the building, even after locking her out she just waited around. Not a neighbour.

With the door unlocked she would come in and pretty much act like she owned the place.

Neighbour would walk in whenever he wanted, only played this a couple of days (sim time) before quitting.

Feeling like City Living was a waste of money as I cant use it without this stupidity.

It should be noted that a normal house does not encounter this problem.

Edit: Well todays patch while not in the patch notes seems to have rectified, with and without mods no-one is squatting in the apartment with a new game. However get no welcome wagon like I did last time.

Message 57 of 151 (1,497 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The first time this happened to me I was extremely surprised, but the second time it happened I noticed the pattern (for me at least). One of my sims got into a fight with their neighbour and the would-be onlookers took that as an invitation into the apartment.

Message 58 of 151 (1,471 Views)

★★★ Guide

Gonna give this a me too. This happens ALL the time in my game.

Message 59 of 151 (1,460 Views)