[FIXED] NPCs coming into apartments/houses uninvited

by JochenWeiss

Original Post

Re: Solution to the Residential/Generic Lot Bug (Sims won't leave house)

Hero

As this other is old (and was fixed), I moved this over to this thread.

It's doesn't seem to be exklusive to apartments

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 40 of 151 (3,542 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] NPCs coming into apartment uninvited

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

In my current game I had this on 2 occasions in diffeerent apartments so far:

1. Jasmine Suites (Spice Market):

Jesminder Bheeda one morning comes in, uninvited, with a bag full of trash ... she kneels down on the floor of my living room, then puts down the trash and leaves my apartment (Possible explanation: I already had another pile of trash lying on the floor, from a repair a few hours ago, so maybe she wanted to collect this trash as well, but "realized", when in my apartment, that she was in the wrng apartment and immediately left ... leaving heer own trash behind)

2. Hakim House (Arts District):

Baako Jang came, uninvited, into my apartment, playe for some time with the lump of clay I had lying around, then went to my toilet and afterwards, when I ordered one of my Sims to tell him to leave, left on his own (before said Sim had a chance to talk to him)

I have the suspicion that sometimes, when autonomous neighbor Sims "look" at their list of items to interact with, they also have items in my apartment on this list

(Addendum: Baako Jang coming in uninvited seeems to be "his thing", as he came in again and told me he hoped I wouldn't care if he comes in uninvited because we are so good friends and he a so good neighbor :D ... but this still leaves Jesminder Bheeda putting her trsh into my apartment uninvited as possible glitch)

Message 41 of 151 (3,622 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm not entirely sure when the houses were made/uploaded to the gallery, but I downloaded them around July 2016. Some were from the gallery and the others were from a new save I made so I could get the original lots from the base game. Regardless, I'm having this problem a lot despite the fact that I've used the solution (the houses were residential when I used the solution though). Not sure what to do. I've tried saving the currently built house and placing the lot again, it didn't change anything.

Message 42 of 151 (3,649 Views)

Hero

Do you have examples that I could test ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 151 (3,644 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, the household I'm currently playing with is one of the few having this problem. I'm pretty sure I've sent you my save before. It's the 'Kohler' household I'm currently playing as. It might take a few days, but after a while a sim will randomly walk into the house and start doing things. If I need to send my save again, let me know and I'll do so.

Edit: In a different household with this problem, the pizza delivery person would always 'move in' after a delivery. The process might be easier if you order a pizza.

Second edit: It's happening right now as I'm playing, I can send you this save so you can see?

Message 44 of 151 (3,641 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Are you sure you're not having this issue: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-CL-NPCs-coming-into-apartment-uninvited/td-p/... ?

Is your home a generic lot as described in the first post ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 45 of 151 (3,619 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

No, I'm experiencing this problem with normal residential lots as well as apartments. The difference is that with apartments I've yet to experience sims just walking in like they own the place. I have experienced landlords not leaving after fixing a problem, but I was still able to ask them to leave. And didn't we come to the conclusion that my problem didn't belong in that thread?

Message 46 of 151 (3,611 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Did we ? I'm really unsure.

The main thing about this issue was that the lot types reverted to generic and not residential. So if your lot is still residential, then that's not your issue.

The other thread is about generally Sims coming into houses and apartments without being invited.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 47 of 151 (3,605 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Ah, sorry my fault, got confused by your previous reply. You actually moved my issue to the thread you just linked. Makes sense now. I thought that thread was only about apartments/City Living because I hadn't seen anyone talk about houses. My mistake, I thought I was actually experiencing the issue of this thread. I've already posted something similar in the other thread so thank you. Would it still be possible to share the save I have of the issue? Or have you been able to replicate it already?

Message 48 of 151 (3,599 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@73bb3ee9e874670a 

moved this part too :D

I think it should be covered and no save is needed anymore. 

It's also for houses now. Maybe I should move the thread from the CL bugs to the general ones (on the list) to create less confusion.

(edit: also just saw that I only edited the title on the compiled list to include houses and not the actual thread title. I have done so now)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 49 of 151 (3,581 Views)