[FIXED] NPCs coming into apartments/houses uninvited

by JochenWeiss

Original Post

Re: [CL] NPCs coming into apartment uninvited

★★★ Apprentice

No they do not live in the apartments. The one that does does not have those traits.

Message 20 of 151 (4,113 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] NPCs coming into apartment uninvited

★★★ Guide

This happens in my current family's apartment as well. It's not just neighbors, though I have noticed that when you talk to neighbors in the hall they seem to take that as an invitation to come inside. I don't mind that so much. But what kills me is the random NPCs coming from the street below and just waltzing in like they know everyone. When this happens there are no notifications like "hey neighbor. I'm bored. Wanna hang out?" Like you get with your actual neighbors. 

The Sims that come from down on the street act like they have been invited in or as though they are in a group with your Sim (I have noticed that if you do add a Sim to your group that does indeed invite them to your home automatically). They just wander in and sit down to watch tv or help themselves to food from the fridge. It's really annoying. You can ask them to leave, again as though they had been invited in the first place. I should also add that on my family at least it isn't a daily occurrence. It seems to be triggered randomly, but when it is triggered, however that's happening, it comes in a flood of 6-7 Sims, many times even the vendors from the food stalls are coming up. 

At at first I thought it might be because a had a bubble blower close to the edge of the apartment and I thought maybe other Sims were trying to react to it like they do, but in my observations the Sims walking into the apartment are not reacting to the bubble blower, they literally just walk in and do whatever as though you had invited them over. I can't figure this out. 

Message 21 of 151 (4,961 Views)

EA Sims Team

@ShinoTypeError @HoshinoKabi @Hoppel785 @elysevilla @crinrict @shetcogle @JazzyTrait @JasonVega2

If any of you have save files with this issue that you're willing to share with me, please PM me.

Thank you

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 22 of 151 (4,937 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
I was having the same issues as above with penthouses, and made sure to have an area that is separate from the rest of the home just for the elevator. I was wondering if EA has found out why this is happening? It's getting extremely frustrating you know?
Message 23 of 151 (4,894 Views)

Hero

@wrillett Would you have a save to share like @SimQARobo asked for ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 151 (4,889 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi, I'll try to explain it, I use Google Translate because I speak Spanish. My sim lives in the fashion district, in the penthouse, the other sims do not seem to differentiate between the street and my house, enter when they want, and when a festival is held in the fashion district and I invite another sim or invite me another sim, instead of going to the festival, he goes to my house. How can I send my saved game? and whom? The complete "Saves" folder or any particular file?

Message 25 of 151 (4,876 Views)

Hero

Please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

If you know which save is affected you can zip only that one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 151 (4,856 Views)

★ Guide

I have already uploaded my saved games, and I have sent a private message to @SimQARobo, could you confirm that everything is okay? Thank you.

Message 27 of 151 (4,832 Views)

Hero

Yes, thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 151 (4,819 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Just wanted to say, I have this bug too, but I do not have City Living.

I ordered a pizza, the NPC came. I paid, and she walked right in and went to play on the computer.

Message 29 of 151 (4,744 Views)