[FIXED] NPCs coming into apartments/houses uninvited

by JochenWeiss

Original Post

Re: NPC on home lots

★ Novice

I recently picked up the sims again after forever and moved my sims into an apartment and after the initial welcome party I noticed that people just would not stop walking into my apartment, I'd ask them to leave except that they wouldn't really bother. They'd just stick around like they own the place. I really don't like the idea of 4 random NPC sims just casually waltzing into my home uninvited.

Message 111 of 151 (1,987 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @Generic_Person

Would you be willing to send your save files? The one where you are able to see this issue often. Instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thank you very much! :D

Message 112 of 151 (1,969 Views)

Re: [OPEN] NPCs coming into apartments/houses uninvited

Champion
I just had this happen while playing the penthouse in the Fashion District. I had my sim prepare a family meal on the chef station, then noticed that random NPCs, including the stall vendor from the other side of the district wandered in to the penthouse uninvited and starting using things like the computer.

The game was running a sitation called "sitauation_family_meal" and assigning random people the role of meal guests. I don't think my sim even used the Call to Meal interaction, they just picked up their own plate and went to eat.

I wouldn't mind if it chose people that were actually present on the lot when the meal was made, like visitors I'd actually given permission to come in and household members, but summoning the stall vendor from the other side of the lot was a bit much.
Message 113 of 151 (1,931 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Haven't played apartments in awhile due to this, especially in the Spice Market district. What Winter time and my sim was talking to her roommate and all of a sudden a kid came waltzing out of her room to go use the bathroom. She didn't even come through the front door. Had shoo'd her out and locked the door and she just didn't leave. Like she treated it like it was her home and wanted in. Kept standing around for hours had energy failure and bladder failure just needs dropping. Eventually lead her away near the stall and left in hope she may just leave, but she ended up freezing to death while returning back to the apartment and now there's an urn in the alley way. Same thing happened to another sims apartment with some chick that just would not leave the apartment lobby and needs just kept on dropping.
Message 114 of 151 (1,866 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Since this topic has gained replies recently I want to add mine here too:

I had no random NPCs walking in until I moved my sim from Fashion district 13 B 13 to Zen District (with the Karaoke family). When Nerdfest started, 3 random NPCConfused walked in like they owned the place. One went to play with my computer and soon after two of them changed their clothes into shop keepers and left, the third was a Nerdfest visitor as she changed into cosplay costume and left right after.

Same apartment, second time NPCs came, three of them again. This time there was no festival going and one of those super celebrities walked straight to my kitchen and started taking dishes to dishwasher. Other woman walked to the fridge and took drinks.. Decided to move away after that.

Edit. Why is there a random emoji popping to my post?

Message 115 of 151 (1,836 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I used to see this issue playing in apartments, although it never bothered me too much. I think it may be spilling out to homes in other worlds, though? Not sure. While playing at a home in Willow Creek last night, an acquaintance/borderline friend all of sudden ended up in the living room, although didn't remember seeing him being invited. Now, technically this "friend" is a vampire, but I've never seen them using the vampiric entrance autonomously so don't know if that's a thing. Anyway, he wandered down to the basement to the vault and I hear the money sounds...yep, he robbed my sims for a bit (not extreme, not even sure how much was taken...bad of me, I know). The kicker is that I'd thought this NPC to be one of the "nice guys", as he doesn't have any really negative traits (it's Caleb). My sim wasn't home, so after he robbed, he just walked out and that was that.

Forgive me if this isn't the place for this story, my mind connected it with this glitch, so here we are. :D

Message 116 of 151 (1,802 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @LadyKyn  @Sozki @bookmaster325 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 117 of 151 (1,754 Views)

★ Guide

I didn't check the NPC traits but I don't believe that all of them could have had Goofball or Insane trait.. I also reported a while after I had already moved my sims somewhere else so I don't have any saves to give, at least not ones with my sims living in apartment :/ It's still the same game tho

I also don't have mods or any CC in the game atm. I had CC when I started this save but I removed them from use just in case. Mods I haven't used for a long time

Message 118 of 151 (1,718 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@SimQARobo
Don't recall the sim's traits from the last time I reported. But, it was on a vanilla game. However, it just happened again today in another household in Willow Creek. Unfortunately, I have re-installed MCCC since that last report as well. Anyway...
The uninvited sim walked right into the house and started cooing at the baby. No one in the house seems to know him. I got rid of him (just made sim leave -- no killing/deleting. lol) Upon further inspection, I found him living in San Myshuno, and discovered he is indeed a goofball. I don't know if my save will be helpful, but I'll bundle jic.
Message 119 of 151 (1,679 Views)

Other Sims seem to enter my house without being invited in and use my stuff.

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Get To Work, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Backyard Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Stay at home
What happens when the bug occurs? Random strangers come into the house and use the bath, the computer etc. I have to lock the doors.
What do you expect to see? I expect strangers to stay out of the house unless they're invited in.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm not sure if I'm doing something to cause random Sims entering my house. So far, it's Sims that my Sims have never met before. One of them had very low hygeine and just waltzed into my house and took a bath, the cheeky sod.

Message 120 of 151 (1,653 Views)