[ARCHIVED] NPC sims invade home to drink water (again)

by Sozki

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] NPC sims invade home to drink water (again)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion packs, all Game packs, all Stuff packs except: My first pet, Romantic garden, Perfect patio, Luxury party and Journey to Batuu. No Oasis or Dust Kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Spend time at home while playing on the 2-4-1 Wakabamori lot. Wait for random sims to walk in without knocking. I can't figure out anything specific that would trigger this. My sims just woke up and started their day as normal.
What happens when the bug occurs? Some random sim walks straight into your home. Usually they go for a glass of water but they might also take out your trashes or something similar. There is no option to tell them to leave.
What do you expect to see? Sims who are not invited to my home should stay out.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I saw the old thread got locked and marked as "Solved" but I can tell you that it isn't. Didn't find a new one so made one myself. Crin was right to laugh that it won't be long until this gets reported again :D

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 35 (5,981 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] NPC sims invade home to drink water (again)

Hero

Sims who would invite themselves over and make themselves a little too welcome have relearned their manners and should now knock.

With this fix in  Patch 1.103.250/1.84, I'm going to archive this thread.

If you have any invasion issues still, please create a new thread.  

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 35 of 35 (1,285 Views)

All Replies

Re: NPC sims invade home to drink water (again)

Hero
@Sozki I'm trying to keep a few threads now

Currently there's these open ones:

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-CL-S-NPC-Go-Inside-Apartment-in-Extreme-Weather/td...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Autonomous-Family-Meal-Causes-Random-Sims-to-Enter...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sims-enter-locked-apartments-houses-1-76/td-p/10482113 (this also happens if they are unlocked though - does that make a difference for you)
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-SE-Yamachan-bursting-into-homes/td-p/9733342

I also wonder, not sure about the lot but was there a festival ?

I think the game doesn't recognize them as actually being inside (hence the missing option) but for the save I tested, while they did come in, they all left on their own after a while.

Any of these that could be the trigger for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 35 (5,951 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrictI checked the save: There was normal sunny weather so not any weather triggers. I think I've never seen that kind of family dinner happening ever (my sims normally don't make food more than just for themselves unless told to) o___o so not that. There is the plaza with Yamachan statue in the middle quite close, and there seems to be a mascot standing there, but there is no one else there and no events in this neighborhood (screenshot, my sims' house can be seen in the background). That's all I can give, I didn't see anything else going on. Two sim ladies just walked in and went to take glasses of water from my toilet sink.

Message 3 of 35 (5,936 Views)

Hero
@Sozki Can you lock the door and see if it still happens ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 35 (5,926 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Sure! I'll be playing anyway until the new expansion releases in couple of hours so we'll see if the invasion happens again before that
Message 5 of 35 (5,919 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This is still happening to me too. It was never fixed after that update where they said it was fixed. If the doors are locked, they don't come in. They will leave if I exit to Manage Worlds and then go back into the lot (which was always the case since this problem started a year ago). Sometimes multiple sims enter and won't leave. It's very annoying. Some lots it happens infrequently and some lots it's just a continuous stream of NPC invasions (ie., I exit to Manage Worlds, go back in and as the NPC is leaving another comes in and I have to repeat the whole process trying to lock the door in between one leaving and the next one getting inside) 

Message 6 of 35 (5,905 Views)

★ Guide

Couldn't reproduce this today (with or without locking doors) and I'm moving my sims to the new neighborhood tomorrow. We'll see if this happens with the new expansion's lots too.

Message 7 of 35 (5,871 Views)

★★★ Guide

I just had an NPC wander into my house to appreciate my decór. O.o

(No Ask To Leave or Send Home)

Sulani (at least on beach-front property with a sea ladder) and Mt Komorebi seem to be the worst for this. I used to have a lot of problems in Evergreen Harbor, but the few sim weeks I had someone living there after the patch where it was supposed to be fixed, I didn't have any unexpected visitors. I did have Private Dwelling on the lot, and it was one of the apartments, but I don't know if those were factors or if I was just lucky.

Message 8 of 35 (5,803 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EmptyMH I have the same issue, except locking the door doesn't seem to work for me. It's very annoying not being able to go super speed while your sim is at work because random people keep showing up at your home.

@wombatilim I still have the problem with sims living in Evergreen Harbor, haven't thought of trying Private Dwelling as a fix so thanks for the idea!
Message 9 of 35 (5,767 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've been getting this in San Myshuno apartments. Neighbor struts on in to throw their trash in my bin or grab a drink or something. It doesn't happen as often as it used to before the patch to fix it, but it does still happen.

Message 10 of 35 (5,750 Views)