[FIXED] NPC invites occur on wrong lot

by loyabe

Original Post

[OPEN] NPC invites occur on wrong lot

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49.65.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send a text with a moodlet and you'll be promoted with an invite from your NPC friend.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims gets invited for example a Bar and ends up at a lounge.
What do you expect to see? NPC invites me to a Bar and suppose to take me to a Bar.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've tried to repair my game and reinstalled the game and clean out the appropriate files and the bug still exist. 

Message 51 of 78 (1,331 Views)

Re: [OPEN] NPC invites occur on wrong lot

Hero

Hi @JoeKCarter 

it's a known issue.

Merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 78 (1,327 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Weighing in on this as well.

The original bug wasn't so bad, since it still took you to the right *kind* of venue. The wrong restaurant, maybe, but still a restaurant.

Now, however, it seems completely random. My Sim gets asked on a date to go to the 'Diving Pelican' and ends up at a clothing store. Extremely irritating! Not a lot to do on a date at a clothing store - and you can't change the venue once the date has begun!

Message 53 of 78 (1,312 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I had this issue for the first time just the other day. Got an invite to a nightclub, and we ended up at one of the "ruins" lots in Windenburg. I was just kind of confused considering it was the dead of winter, and sims were wanting to take a swim in near-snowstorm weather. Lucky no one froze to death! 

I see this issue was reported last November, but I didn't see this problem until just a couple of days ago after the most recent patch dropped. I'll note, as I do in many of my comments, that I do NOT have Get Famous. Not sure what other info would be useful here. 

Message 54 of 78 (1,262 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've been having issues with this recently too, guess it's due to the last update. I was so confused the first time !

Message 55 of 78 (1,216 Views)

★★★★ Guide
I've had this issue for two updates now. It's a bit annoying, to say the least (since they supposedly fixed the 'invite to selvadorada' bug). It makes me not want have my sims accept any invites anymore. And, unless I'm feeling extremely adventurous in the game and the sim(s) are in a good mood, I have to ignore or say no to the calls. Really wish they could undo whatever they did there. Maybe one day....:/
Message 56 of 78 (1,204 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

This is also happening to me.

Just today I was playing and got an invite to go on a date to the Rattlesnake Juice bar. Upon accepting, I was instead at The Roadstead retail lot with not a whole lot to do. This was not the only occurrence for me, and every time the sims arrive at a completely random lot different from the one mentioned in the invite. It has happened on multiple occasions, and doesn't seem to be limited to type of lot or even specific lots. They all seem equally affected and chosen at random (as far as I can tell.) One time I was invited to a nightclub and arrived at a pool.

I'm not sure if it's related, but I also have been getting an issue where, when accepting a social event sparked by an "emotional text" (i.e. a flirty text and the resulting, "Want to grab some drinks?" invite,) the NPC sims will appear at the lot for only a second or two, with no Group indicator token above their head, and vanish from the lot, along with the social event indicator/timer disappearing. This seems to happen consistently, and appears to happen in tandem with the previous bug, where the lot your sim appears at is different than the one mentioned in the invite. (Note that this happens even if the sim has no reason for leaving, i.e. job, school, critical energy/hunger, etc.)

I will say that whenever I am invited to dinner, I do at least appear at the restaurant, and the NPC sim will have the group token as expected, and will remain until the meal is complete and paid for. However, I only have one restaurant venue in my game currently, so perhaps that has something to do with it. Maybe the restaurant would end up being random, too, if I had multiple restaurant lots in my file. It would require testing, which I'm honestly not in the mood to do.

Message 57 of 78 (1,171 Views)

★ Guide
I'm also having this issue and it appears to be recent, although I don't accept a lot of NPC invites. The issue Figblat mentions where the NPC Sims aren't grouped has happened to me once. I also only have Chez Llama so restaurant invites are taking me there, but sometimes bar/lounge invites are taking me there, too. I do not have Get Famous.
Message 58 of 78 (1,165 Views)

★★ Apprentice

For what it's worth, this happens to me all the time too. My sim gets a call asking him on a date to Arbol de Jaguar, for example. When the game loads, he is at Rattlesnake Juice bar.

Message 59 of 78 (1,156 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am having something similar happen in my game. My sim will get invited out to eat somewhere but they always end up being transported to the same restaurant. It’s always my “SimHop pancake house” I built and placed in my world. No matter where the invite to eat is, they always end up here. Very frustrating.

Message 60 of 78 (1,144 Views)