Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] NPC Phone call event triggers male to become pregnant

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim ask your Sim if they should get pregnant... though I don't know how you'd initiate it. Also, I don't know how often it occurs, it's happened once.
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sim received a call from Arun Bheeda, asking if he and his wife Jesminder should have a baby (they've had the one she's initially pregnant with). I said they should. But instead of Jesminder getting pregnant like I was expecting, Arun did. And has delivered a healthy baby boy.
What do you expect to see? Jesminder, who is able to get pregnant, to be the one to get pregnant. And Arun, who should not be able to get pregnant, to... not get pregnant.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So, this may just be the weirdest glitch I've gotten in this game! When Arun asked if they should have a baby, I was excited. I love the addition of the ability to have some influence over other households even if you aren't playing them! But, I was disappointed to see Jesminder didn't end up pregnant. I guessed maybe my Sim saying yes meant they tried for a baby, but maybe didn't get pregnant. So I figured I'd wait for another phone call and suggest they have a baby again.

Imagine my surprise when I go and deliver Winterfest presents to see Arun pregnant! Heavily pregnant at that. He's since delivered a baby boy that, by all accounts, appears human. It has a human skin tone and the eyes look human, too. But, I did get an achievement or whatever it is for having a "male Sim give birth to an alien baby" so I'm not 100% sure, but I imagine that's programmed to trigger when a Sim who's supposed to be able to "get other pregnant" gives birth, since it'd either be an alien baby or a glitch.

My guess is that, since Arun initiated the call, he was the one programmed to pregnant, due to some sort of oversight.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 50 (6,100 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] NPC Phone call event triggers male to become pregnant

Hero

Male Sims will no longer get Pregnant after receiving calls from NPC Sims.

Fixed in Patch 1.69.57/ 1.35

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 50 of 50 (4,170 Views)

All Replies

Re: Male (human) Sim Pregnant by (human) Wife?

Hero
@Serabee I know someone else reported this but I can't find the thread.

Will merge this when I do

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 50 (6,039 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I figured someone else probably did, but I'm not good at navigating these forums.

Also, IDK how to/if I can update my post, but I wanted to mention that I aged the kid up to check him out and he seems to be, by all accounts, a totally normal Sim. Fully human, Arun is his father and Jesminder is his mother. No alien powers or anything.
Message 3 of 50 (5,993 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Serabee Click on the three dots in the right corner of the first post and choose edit.

And no worries. I'm usually pretty sure at finding stuff but can't for this one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 50 (5,989 Views)

★★ Guide

"But, I did get an achievement or whatever it is for having a "male Sim give birth to an alien baby" so I'm not 100% sure, but I imagine that's programmed to trigger when a Sim who's supposed to be able to "get other pregnant" gives birth, since it'd either be an alien baby or a glitch."

Your guess is correct - this achievement triggers any time a male sim gives birth.

Message 5 of 50 (5,925 Views)

Something strange happened to my sims - the sims 4 PS4

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Something strange happened to my sims.

I have a few houses - related families.

One day grandpa called his granddaughter and asked her if they should try for a baby. I thought he wants to make a baby with his wife. After a few days, he comes to visit his son, and HE was pregnant! I was so surprised 😲 and disappointed 🙁!

I thought it is an alien baby 👶 so I wanted to send it to space. However, it is not possible because this is their baby! What kind of sick 😫 staff is that?

Very disappointed 🙁   

Message 6 of 50 (5,900 Views)

Re: Something strange happened to my sims - the sims 4 PS4

[ Edited ]
Champion

@abc1692130347, that is happening on PC , Mac, and Xbox as well, at least as I have heard others talking about it.  Not the grandfather calling the grand daughter , as it is usually just someone your Sim knows, even an NPC.  If a man calls , he will become pregnant, and if a woman calls it is she that will become pregnant, at least from what I've heard. 
I do not know if this is intended or a bug. Wondering

The Grandpa in your game is the baby's dad, but who is the mother?  Can you check on the family tree?Wondering

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 7 of 50 (5,854 Views)

Hero
@abc1692130347 I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 50 (5,834 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The grandma (grandpa wife) is the mother... 

Message 9 of 50 (5,798 Views)

Champion

@abc1692130347, thanks for replying! Angel LOL  I guess the grandpa was just asking his grandchild for advice! Large smile  Odd, especially since older Sims should be allowed to be pregnant as it puts too much strain for an elderly person.DisappointedShocked  Hopefully they can fine tune these types of calls not to happen for children , as it would be very unusual for a grandparent to ask a child advise on whether or not the grandparents should have another child! Raised eyebrowOops

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 10 of 50 (5,726 Views)