[FIXED] NPC Households have same structure/name

by Lorraine-Simmer

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] NPC Households have same structure/name

★★★ Guide

It would seem that this has spread to pets as well, if this thread is to be believed.

Message 31 of 92 (1,990 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Another reddit thread showcases the townie generator's obsession with CL and Vampires content. Observe how every single one of these townies initially had at least ONE article of CL or Vampires content, sometimes both. The OP also confirms that three of these townies followed the Middle Eastern/Japanese name red/blonde hair trend.

Message 32 of 92 (1,940 Views)

★★★★ Guide
You hit right on the money with your observations! I think all my Japanese townies have had blonde/red hair always...I even had to completely change their names to be more culturally appropriate.
Message 33 of 92 (1,841 Views)

★★★ Guide
A reddit thread displaying obsession with CL clothing and names, families with the same structure, the red/blonde hair issue tied to certain names, and children who look NOTHING like their parents: https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/8r4czm/my_game_has_a_thing_for_single_moms_with_teenage/
Message 34 of 92 (1,755 Views)

★★ Guide

What also bothers me a lot is the issue with the same name. In a recent file I've had four townies with the exact same first and last name, which was quite an issue because I was trying to find out one of those Sims' ID in order to fix the "can't marry sim because game think's he works for me"-bug. 

And this might be too language version specific but I am currently playing with a german language version and the names from which the game randomized townies sim names are rather limited in number, which you can already see in cas. I think it might be time to add a few. Especially Mertens and Kreitz is a very popular family name. In a recent file I had five Mertens and six Kreitz families with a total of around ten sims for each of those names. 

Message 35 of 92 (1,706 Views)

★★★ Guide

@SimGuruIcarus

I can confirm that this is still a problem in the latest patch. I just started a test file in San Myshuno, and the very first townie, the landlord, was a firetruck red-haired Sim with a Japanese name and a CL shirt and shoes. Her party outfit, of course, had Vampires clothing. Here she is, Erika Suzuki:

06-19-18_1-51-08 PM.png

06-19-18_1-51-01 PM.png

Message 36 of 92 (1,685 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Update: Two MORE townies following this formula that immediately spawned. Meet Masami Ikeda and Nobuya Yamaguchi. One blonde, one red-haired. Notice how Masami is wearing the exact same top and shoes (albeit in a different color) as the landlord. Nobuya is wearing CL shoes as well.

06-19-18_2-00-00 PM.png

06-19-18_2-01-51 PM.png

Message 37 of 92 (1,681 Views)

NPC Sims are only foreigners

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs and all stuff packs except last 2 new.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game longer time.
What happens when the bug occurs? NPC Sims are generated wrong. Whole my city, every Sim have Japanese or Indian name and surname. All Sims in city are foreigners. I can't find "English" (in my case Czech) surname. Name of my NPC sims are Prisha Gandhi, Omar Mandir, Saanvi Parikh, Mizuno Sasaki and more...
What do you expect to see? I want see balance. There are no more Czech surname. Only in my case "foreigners" sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It's like problem in this forum: http://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/916764/most-of-sims-are-of-foreign-origin-since-cl-solved...

Message 38 of 92 (1,627 Views)

Re: NPC Sims are only foreigners

★★ Apprentice

I play in Czech language but there is no option for this language.

Message 39 of 92 (1,625 Views)

Re: NPC Sims are only foreigners

Hero

Hi @Miro382

I merged your post with existing report on the issue.

Thanks for pointing out the missing Czech language. I have forwarded that to a CM.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 40 of 92 (1,604 Views)