Re: [NKSP] Sims no longer autonomously knit

by gingered84

Original Post

Re: [KNSP] Sims no longer autonomously knit

★★★★ Guide

as I said above it being nerfed is not the issue its that it is no longer working at all  and it should be

as always no mods are cc

Message 11 of 19 (931 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I also have another save where my sim started a project but never started knitting

Message 12 of 19 (899 Views)

Re: [KNSP] Sims no longer autonomously knit

★★★ Apprentice
@ArcherAngelo Nor have I. I even have a club of 5 max knit skill Sims, and not once since the pack released last summer have they knitted autonomously during gatherings or otherwise.
Message 13 of 19 (866 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same for me (I hit "Me too). It's disappointing. My sim has ONCE attempted to autonomously knit (once in 5 sim weeks), which I only know because the game subtracted $20, then the sim didn't actually knit or even begin the animation for it.

Message 14 of 19 (850 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yeah, I have had a Sim autonomously knit once or twice but they mostly don't do it which means they never finish any projects and are mostly interested in reading. A lot of my current Sims aren't great fits for knitting so it's annoying. Also they didn't put knitting as a preference which means there's no way to increase knitting for certain Sims and we won't get to make any craft corners or craft rooms with Dream Home Decorator 

Message 15 of 19 (842 Views)

★★ Guide

I opened a new vanilla save with a YA female with Lady of the Knits, added 5 seats into the lot and the knitting basket in her inventory. Almost immediately before skill was learned, I had a -20 ding to her money, but she didn't move from her location. I opened her inventory and have the options to resume or frog the current project of a Pink Bear Beanie. If I tell her to resume it, she'll sit down and knit.

I then added a child, teen, adult, and elder to the household, all creative and with Lady/Lord of the Knits (except the child, who's just creative). They all got a basket. Again almost immediately before the skill was given, I had another -20 ding to the money. The Adult had "started" a knitting project for a Blue & White Bear Beanie, however he never moved from his location to begin the animation.

A few hours passed in game and the original YA sim "started" another $20 project, not starting the animation. Couple more hours passed and the Elder "started" a project, again with no movement.

Message 16 of 19 (830 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [NKSP] Sims no longer autonomously knit

Champion

I've seen the same thing happening in my game – when a sim manages to autonomously queue up a "knit" action, it immediately cancels/fails to start and drops out of the queue.

I managed to compare the tuning files for "Knitting_CraftingPhase" (resource key: E882D22F-00000026-000000000003A948) and "Knitting_CraftingPhase_BigProject" (resource key: E882D22F-00000026-000000000003BC79) to the original versions at the launch of Nifty Knitting (which were working) and there seems to have been a single word change on line 434 that seems to be the cause of the autonomous action failing and dropping out of the queue.

<E n="target_type">ACTOR</E>

This should be:

<E n="target_type">OBJECT</E>

Changing that line back to OBJECT seems to fix the issue for me. I've put this up as a mod on my site if anyone wants to have their sims autonomously knit again. You can find a link to my mod site on the Common Game Fixing Mods thread.

Message 17 of 19 (791 Views)

★★★★ Guide

thank you I hope they can fix it now

Message 18 of 19 (751 Views)

Hero

Sims with autonomy ON will now be able to Knit when they are not having fun. Sims just want to have fun.

Fixed in Patch 1.82.99/1.50

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 19 (1,872 Views)