Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [NKSP] [GT] Sims do not knit in club gathering

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a club with knitting as the activity. Start a club gathering.
What happens when the bug occurs? Club members do not knit autonomously. The club leader (my controlled Sim) can be directed to knit, but she also does not knit autonomously as Sims do with other club activities.
What do you expect to see? Club members autonomously do club activities.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Purchase of Nifty Knitting Stuff Pack.

I tried having the club leader gift each member a knitting basket, so they would have one in their inventories. They still did not knit. There is ample seating for all club members. I added other activities to the club and Sims did those activities normally, so it seems that clubs in general aren't affected. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 27 (6,540 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [NKSP] [GT] Sims do not knit in club gathering

Hero

Fixed a few cases where Sims would not autonomously choose to Knit & Cross Stitch.

Fixed in Patch 1.99.264/1.78

please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 27 of 27 (1,760 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims do not knit in club gathering

★ Apprentice

I have the exact same problem.

I was extremely excited to be able to start a knitting club with my Sim as the leader, but found that during gatherings she is the ONLY one who knits. I gifted knitting baskets to all members, I even made sure one other club member is a played Sim who 100% for sure has a knitting basket in their inventory, but non-active households and non-played Sims never start knitting, even when it's the only activity the club is supposed to be doing.

This really put a dent in the playability of the packs for me since this was the main reason I wanted the additional content. Frown

Message 2 of 27 (6,415 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [NKSP] [GT] Sims do not knit in club gathering

★★ Pro

I see this too and it's disappointing, to say the least.

Both Sims in my knitting club are played Sims with knitting baskets in their inventory and the club leader has maxed out the knitting skill, but only the currently active Sim will knit during a club gathering.

Message 3 of 27 (6,356 Views)

★ Apprentice

I found the fix. EA forgot to add the triggers for autonomous knitting in this file: S4_FA0FFA34_00000026_000000000003B24A.xml

I put together a mod and now the Sims in my club start knitting autonomously! I uploaded it to Mod the Sims, hopefully it will be approved soon (or better yet they just.... fix the XML file on EA's end lol)

Message 4 of 27 (6,262 Views)

★★ Pro
@DaftThoughts This is great news! I'll be watching Mod the Sims!
Message 5 of 27 (6,220 Views)

★ Apprentice

The mod just went up! Feel free to look for it, it's named 'Nifty Knitting - Autonomous knitting during Club Gatherings'. 

Message 6 of 27 (6,199 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks! Hopefully, since it’s an easy fix it will be patched soon.

Message 7 of 27 (6,149 Views)

★★★ Pro

This is still occurring as of the latest patch.

Message 8 of 27 (5,726 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

That's right. It hasn't been fixed yet! Frown

Message 9 of 27 (5,668 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm having this problem too but on console so sadly can't fix with the mod. Hope the Sims team look into this sometime!

Message 10 of 27 (5,427 Views)