Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [NKSP] [FSP] Metal/Focus not playing on earbuds/ Sims Reset

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.29
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Purchase or receive earbuds, select listen to/turn on/change station to METAL
What happens when the bug occurs? METAL does not play through earbuds. Nothing plays on earbuds.
What do you expect to see? METAL playing through earbuds
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I love using the earbuds and tried to listen to METAL, and nothing happens. It does play on  the stereo as it should. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 14 (2,025 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [NKSP] [FSP] Metal/Focus not playing on earbuds/ Sims Reset

Hero

We have added the Focus and Metal station as an option for Earbuds. Have you claimed your free Earbuds yet?

Fixed in Patch 1.67.45/ 1.32

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 14 of 14 (1,437 Views)

All Replies

Re: METAL not playing on earbuds

★★★ Apprentice

Same issue on PC, the "Focus" station (is this a new station?) seems to have the same problem.

Message 2 of 14 (1,958 Views)

[Open] Metal doesn't play from earbuds

★ Apprentice

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.65.170.1020
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? buy earbuds, click turn on or listen, click metal
What happens when the bug occurs? metal doesn't play, nothing happens
What do you expect to see? metal to be playing from the ear buds
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. upon buying nifty knitting

When you click listen or turn on on the earbuds and click metal, nothing plays. 

Message 3 of 14 (1,875 Views)

[NKSP] Listen to Metal on Earbuds Resets Sim

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All content and patches to date thru Nifty Knitting SP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have Sim do any activity and select earbuds (Fitness Pack). Choose to listen to METAL or Focus via earbuds. Sim will drop any action and reset.
What happens when the bug occurs? Only when using Earbuds from Fitness Pack to listen to music stations Metal or Focus from Nifty Knitting SP
What do you expect to see? Sim not to reset when trying to listen to music stations that were added with Nifty Knitting.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Nifty Knitting SP

It is so nice to use the earbuds to keep my Sim happy while doing tasks.
This means they do not need to be near a stereo.

Edit to add:
Tested on different Sims in both old (pre Nifty Knitting) and new saves.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 4 of 14 (1,958 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NKSP] Listen to Metal on Earbuds Resets Sim

Hero
@EuphorialQueen what's the LE you're getting with this ?

Could be related to this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-NKSP-FSP-METAL-Focus-not-playing-on-earbuds/td-p/9...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 14 (1,946 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Spoiler
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>8c0aadfdbb68a5895f218c67</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2020-07-29 11:10:05</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.65.70.1020-1.200.000.457.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>__init__.py:459</categoryid><desyncid>8c0aadfdbb68a5895f218c67</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (KeyError: stereo_States_Bot)&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 1025, in _run&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\utils\conditional_animation.py", line 31, in check_fn&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\__init__.py", line 459, in exported_func&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\state.py", line 2545, in get_stateKeyError: stereo_States_Botrtim=0&#13;&#10;Client Session Time: 18.83&#13; &#10;Num Save Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Num Load Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Current Game State: 0x96d01090&#13; &#10;Origin Version: 10,5,77,42374&#13; &#10;Modded: False&#13; &#10;SystemInfo: Windows 10 10.0.19041 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti nvldumdx.dll 27.21.14.5148, GUID: D7B71E3E-62C2-11CF-EF67-ABA61BC2D635&#13; &#10;</desyncdata></report>
</root>
EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
Message 6 of 14 (1,942 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@EuphorialQueen That looks like the same LE reported here in the German forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Die-Sims-4/Seit-Strick-mit-Schick/m-p/9356862

Does it work for stereo for you (user used stereo not earbuds) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 14 (1,922 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Stereo is fine. The channels play correctly and the associated actions are available.
Like "BRUTALLY DANCE" to Metal music which is great fun.

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 8 of 14 (1,908 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [NKSP] [FSP] Metal/Focus not playing on earbuds/ Sims Reset

Hero (Retired)

Same issue on PS4.

Message 9 of 14 (1,782 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [NKSP] [FSP] Metal/Focus not playing on earbuds/ Sims Reset

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? 1.65.170.1020
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? buy earbuds, click turn on or listen, click metal
What happens when the bug occurs? Metal doesn't play, LE occurs
What do you expect to see? Metal to play after I select it on the earbuds
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? MCCC only
Please describe the patch or change you made. After installing Nifty Knitting

When you click listen or turn on on the earbuds and click metal, nothing plays and I get a LE. 

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Formatting

Message 10 of 14 (1,644 Views)