Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [NKSP] Energy Bar slow to fill after Sim begins knitting skill

by BumblebeeCat9

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [NKSP] Energy Bar slow to fill after Sim begins knitting skill

★★ Guide

I haave started to experience this bug again, after 2 years. 

Message 41 of 47 (794 Views)

EA Staff

Hello,

Thanks for all of the information and files sent about this issue.

The team is looking into it. We no longer need saves for this issue.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 42 of 47 (760 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I've also just started experiencing this issue again after having no trouble with it for over a year. (I'm not sure when it was first fixed, but it's been long enough that I completely forgot that the bug had existed at all.) 

I'm currently playing in a mod-free save and just started a household with teenage Sims. One is a classic over-achiever, and the other isn't a bad student exactly, but is far more interested in music and hanging out with friends. Problem is, my over-achiever needs about 17 hours of sleep a day just to function. I've got her family members fulfilling every wish possible to buy sleep replacement potions just so she can do anything once she gets back from school.

All because I let her knit one little chicken outfit!

Message 43 of 47 (702 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

i am ALSO having this issue! i was starting my sim to knit in preparation for getting a family and noticed she was sleeping so poorly. i switched out the bed to the cozy crafter bed with a level 8 energy she was still gaining sleep so slow, she was tired ALL the time, i managed to cheat her knitting skill level back to 0 and saved and quit and loaded up again and now she sleeps perfectly fine! please find a fix for this ;-;

Message 44 of 47 (495 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [NKSP] Energy Bar slow to fill after Sim begins knitting skill

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Lol I commented about this bug in this thread 3 years ago and just found it again in the wild
This little bug is growing up so strong :')

Message 45 of 47 (445 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have found a temporary workaround to this bug, if you are the kind of person who doesn't knit often it shouldn't be too obstructive.

I am led to believe the ability for beds to act like a knitting place is what is causing the issue at hand, perhaps it does something silly like turn every bed stat wise into the same one.

If you want to max the knitting skill, knit all the things you want and then get bed functionality back, you can do so by removing your sims ability to knit afterwards.

1. Knit all the things

2. Remove knitting bag/box from inventory

3. Confirm bed has no "Knit..." option

4. Save and quit, restart game

You should now be able to sleep properly while retaining the knitting skill. It is likely that picking up the yarn bag will break sleeping again so only do so if you need to bulk knit a lot of things unless you don't mind restarting your game a lot.

Message 46 of 47 (221 Views)

★★ Novice

I just got the knitting pack and I am experiencing this sleep bug since having my sim begin to knit. Has there really, in four years, never been a fix for this?!

Message 47 of 47 (87 Views)