Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [NKSP] Dropping everything to start a new knitting project

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a knitting basket in your inventory and just let the sim have at it
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims won't stop knitting. They'll stop mid-activity (cooking, eating, etc.) to knit. You send them back to finish what they were doing and they stop and knit again! Repeatedly! And they seem to start a new project every time they start auto-knitting. Gets very expensive and annoying.
What do you expect to see? Less obsessive knitting? Resuming projects that have already started before starting new ones? Being able to get through an entire activity before needing to run off and knit?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 4 of 51 (5,496 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [NKSP] Dropping everything to start a new knitting project

Hero

● Sims will no longer constantly knit autonomously. Ok now, we know knitting is wonderful, but there IS a thing like too much knitting. *distant chants of ‘That’s right!’*

Fixed in Patch 1.65.77/ 1.30

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 51 of 51 (3,965 Views)

All Replies

Sims stopping all activities to knit

★★ Novice

When the knitting basket is in their inventory my sims keep stopping what they are doing to knit. I have to take the knitting basket out of their inventory if I want them to build other skills. 

Message 1 of 51 (5,472 Views)

Re: Sims stopping all activities to knit

★ Apprentice
@ClumsyNinja1992 Stops cooking. Stops eating. Stops doing all the things to knit! And starts a new project every time. I'm going broke!
Message 2 of 51 (5,427 Views)

Re: Sims stopping all activities to knit

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@ClumsyNinja1992 @KlutzWobbles Please create a bug report for this issue in the bug forum

Edit: I've merged your posts with the bug report in the forums. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post. Thanks @KlutzWobbles for the report.

Message 3 of 51 (5,422 Views)

Re: Dropping everything to start a new knitting project

★★ Apprentice

Same here. Sims will drop everything to start new projects. Have one sim about broke because of all her projects now and the last project was started after I turned autonomy off. Only workaround I've seen so far is to remove knitting box/bag from inventory. 

Message 5 of 51 (5,385 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Seeing the same on PS4. My sim will drop queued actions like "take a shower" to knit something. They also start a new knit every single time they do this instead of resuming one they have already started. 

Message 6 of 51 (5,311 Views)

Spontaneous knitting

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.29
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Eco Lifestyle, Island Living, Discover University, Realm of Magic, Tiny Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Jungle Adventure, laundry Day Stuff, Parenthood, Dine Out, Get to Work, Vampires, Spooky Stuff, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Perfect Patio Stuff, and Holiday Celebration Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sim either eating, or just not knitting.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim randomly starts new knitting projects, even when they are in the middle of something else. Most often it is while they are eating. When eating, the sim will cancel the action and go sit in a rocking chair and knit, I am unsure if it is tied to the rocking chair or not.
What do you expect to see? My sim not constantly canceling actions to start knitting.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It happened after I installed Nifty Knitting

I downloaded Nifty Knitting yesterday. The game was working fine for almost a sim week, but then my sim started randomly starting new knitting projects while doing other actions. So she stops eating to move into a rocking chair to knit. I can get her to eat if I also have her watch TV,  but she still starts a new project (simoleons are removed from household funds) but waits until she has finished eating before actually starting to knit. 

UPDATE: I created a new save and it happened again. I think it is connected to eating Pho? Because the last item I ate in both games was Pho (for the first time). IDK if that is even possible. But in both saves, I learned how to make Pho, showered, then slept, then noticed the problem.

@brianna1998 I started yet another save, did not learn any recipes and still have the problem. It also is not just eating or the rocking chair. It has happened while using the computer for various things, and she has gone to knit on the bed when the rocking chair is not placed on the lot.

(CM Merged mulitiple posts in a row together. For updates/additional info, we have an edit button in the top right of each post that will allow more to be added vs posting in a row.)

Message 7 of 51 (5,299 Views)

Re: Spontaneous knitting

★ Guide

I'm having this problem too. My sims will drop eating (slotted chairs cannot be knit in) and go run to the sofa to knit. She will restart a new random item to knit and it will suck $20 every time. I checked out how many projects she had in progress and had to frog out 10 different random hats because I could not get her to stop starting random stuff to focus on ONE project at a time. At the time I tested this, it was in in my unmodded save.

It is super annoying because it sucks up simoleons and messes with the story progression I wanted her to follow.

Message 8 of 51 (5,199 Views)

★ Guide

Same here. I had to frog out 10 different projects yesterday that developed over the course of one sim day when my sim would absolutely not quit. Two bites of food, run off to knit. Stop mid pee to go knit. Stop halfway to class. Sit down to knit.

It is really getting excessive.

Message 9 of 51 (5,226 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Happening for me as well. I don't mind autonomous knitting (although it does feel a little too frequent imo), but my sim keeps stopping in the middle of her meals to go knit. It's a bit.. much lol.

Message 10 of 51 (5,205 Views)