by MizoreYukii

Original Post

[OPEN] [NKSP] Custom/CC CAS Unlocked Knittables Duplicate

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This is a modding related issue but: Clone/make a CAS item of any kind and add the knitting lock features, make a custom object placeholder for the CAS item as well, make a custom recipe, inject or override the knitting interaction of choice to add your recipe. Go in-game and have the sim knit your custom recipe, once they are done click on the new object and select "Add to wardrobe". Go to CAS to check your newly added item.
What happens when the bug occurs? The custom/CC CAS knittable duplicates upon unlocking them. They show fine as a locked item, but as soon as you unlock it duplicates the item. This occurs with overrides as well. Swatches for existing EA knittables do not duplicate.
What do you expect to see? There should not be a duplicate of my custom knittable, only one like how EA's knittables function.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I hope this was the right area to post in since it's a creating related issue, SimGuruFrost told me to submit a report on Twitter and I assumed report = bug report. Anyhow, I've done multiple tests of all kinds on the CC, searched the scripts for clues, double checked it wasn't conflicting CC/mods, repaired the game/refreshed the folder, etc. and even had another modder take a look. Nothing works, the hidden unlocking system doesn't like custom CC knittables. Objects work fine, baby onesies work fine (that was a cool way to add them btw, love this easy modding feature), additional swatches to existing knittables work fine, it's just new or overrides that don't work.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 4 (1,868 Views)

Re: Custom/CC CAS Unlocked Knittables Duplicate

★★★ Guide

I noticed it does this if you unlock the actual pack knits as well. It's annoying especially as an aesthetic when looking at the catalog. Hope there is a way to fit this.

Message 2 of 4 (1,640 Views)

Re: Custom/CC CAS Unlocked Knittables Duplicate

★ Apprentice

Still hasn't been fixed, so bump in the hopes it will be seen and looked at again.

Message 3 of 4 (1,397 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [NKSP] Custom/CC CAS Unlocked Knittables Duplicate

★★★★ Guide

I'm a bit confused. I don't any CC knittables In my game. But for EA's knittables from Nifty Knitting, if an item is only partially unlocked (i.e. only a few swatches are unlocked), it has the duplicating issue (i.e. the same item shows up in CAS twice). If the item is either fully unlocked or fully locked, it doesn't have this issue. Does everyone else also have this issue? Surely this is a bug, right?

Message 4 of 4 (1,108 Views)