Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [NKSP] Can't add knitted clothing to wardrobe

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy escape Eco lifestyle Discover university Island living Get famous Seasons Cats and dogs Citiy living Get together Dream home decoration Realm of magic Strangerville Jungle adventure Parenthood Vampires Dine out Spa day Outdoor retreat Paranormal Nifty knitting Tiny living My first pet Laundry day Toddler Fitness Vintage glamour Backyard Kids room Romantic garden Movie hangout Spooky Cool kitchen Perfeckt patio Luxury party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Knitting some socks (or other clothing) add it to the wardrobe, do another variety of the same item and then you just can't add it.
What happens when the bug occurs? If I try to add another variety to the wardrobe the option is grey and can't be used ... this happens with every clothing item you can knit so far
What do you expect to see? That I can add every variety once to my wardrobe in every family.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hey guys,

maybe someone here knows a solution to this:
I just got the "nifty knitting" add-on some weeks ago. After playing it for a while I notice that I only can add on version of a knitted clothing to my wardrobe. 

Like .. I can add the red socks but not the blue one of the same type. At first I thought I did something wrong, and tried different things, but this is with all clothing Items!

I made a new game ... didn't work

I did repair my data ... didn't work

I have no mods installed or anything of that ... 

I have most of the expension packs and Item packs so far ... and I have no Idea why this is happening. Takes the fun from this feature for me so far. 

Thanks in advance 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 6 of 61 (14,011 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [NKSP] Can't add knitted clothing to wardrobe

Hero

Sims can now add the same knitted items in different colors to their wardrobe

Fixed in Patch 1.96.365/1.71

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 61 of 61 (1,460 Views)

All Replies

Nifty knitting: clothes "already added", but not in CAS (and hadn't been added)

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except the kits and a couple of stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Knit an item. Try to add it to the wardrobe.
What happens when the bug occurs? The button is greyed out, claiming the item is already in the wardrobe, despite it not having been added *and* not being in there (I double-checked the different colours and such--it will not allow me to add it)
What do you expect to see? That unless the item has already been added to the wardrobe, it is able to be added to the wardrobe.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Most likely it was after one of these three: - Bought and installed Dream pack (can't remember if I added any knitting with the sim I was playing right before the back) - The patch before the Dream pack - The patch before *that* (I tend to use knitting a lot--those dressers are gorgeous!)

I first noticed that it wasn't working yesterday, in the save that I've been using the Dream pack with, but decided that I must've misremembered about adding it or ... something. Then I checked today and googled, where all the solutions were either inapplicable (I am sure that I am looking at the right places and right colours) or were caused by mods I don't have. Since I do have some (mainly a bit of CC, while waiting for the larger mods to get updated), I removed all of them and restarted the game, but still no dice.

Message 1 of 61 (14,113 Views)

Re: Nifty knitting: clothes "already added", but not in CAS (and hadn'

[ Edited ]
Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 61 (14,071 Views)

★★ Apprentice

While it didn't solve the issue, it *was* enlightening: the issue is explicitly with one particular household! Another household in the same save does not have that issue.

The household that it doesn't work with consists of three members: Izzy Fabulous who's in the same career as he is in standard, one Sim (the knitter) who's an interior designer, and one Sim that I imported from the gallery (currently unemployed, is going into Uni). She has what looks like most of the traits from the reward store, whereas none of the others have any.

They live in one of the Uptown apartments, next to the Fang family, whereas the working family lives in a house (and consists of a knitting child and a scientist).

I'm thinking I should test three things:

1) Repair the game with the save files not backed up
2) Teach the others to knit and see if either of them can add things into the wardrobe

3) Create a completely new savefile with an interior designer

Any other ideas on things I can try? At this point it doesn't look like it's a critical bug, but it's annoying and I want to do my best to ensure plenty of information for whomever's needing to hunt down this bug.

Message 3 of 61 (14,055 Views)

Hero
@melindrea82 Could you try removing Izzy from the household to see if he's the culprit ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 61 (14,037 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Ack, false alarm >.< --the repair *did* work, just not with the items she had already made. Now that I'm down to a working sim, I'll put all the other stuff back and see if anything breaks it.

Message 5 of 61 (14,024 Views)

Re: [NKSP] Can't add knitted clothing to wardrobe

★★★ Apprentice

I have a similar issue where I can't add any knitted clothing to my sims wardrobe. When I try to add a knitted item to my sims wardrobe via the inventory the option is greyed out and says that it has already been added but when I go into CAS the items are still locked. Had to cheat my way to a sweater through the gallery in order to complete the knitting aspiration.

Message 7 of 61 (13,946 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I also have the same issue. I don't think it's specific to German localization since my game is in English.

Message 8 of 61 (13,904 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having this issue as well. I don't have any mods downloaded, and play the English version. I think the issue began in the last week or so. I'm not sure, but there might have been a patch update and that could have caused this. It's pretty annoying, and I haven't been able to find any cheats or workarounds. Hope the developers fix this soon; knitting sweaters is kind of the whole point of Nifty Knitting 

Message 9 of 61 (13,848 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@aubrieonline I had it from the start ...
Message 10 of 61 (13,843 Views)