by Karababy52

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Mysterious object in water behind Willow Creek museum

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs, except Cats and Dogs and Get Famous, all GPs, all SPs except My First Pet, Kids, Toddlers, Bowling and Fitness.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just look in the water behind the Willow Creek Museum, Library, Nightclub and Lounge venues in the public area.
What happens when the bug occurs? You see a black silhouette of what looks like a crocodile head bobbing up and down in the water.
What do you expect to see? No objects like that bobbing in the water.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I sent my Sim fishing in the public area behind the Library in Willow Creek and noticed this strange black object bobbing up and down in the water. At first I thought it might be a shadow from perhaps a helicopter. But upon closer inspection, I saw what looked like the black silhouette of a crocodile head in the water. I do have Jungle Adventure installed as of just a couple weeks ago. I have not been to this area since installing the pack so this is the first time I've noticed it.

It doesn't seem to cause any problems in my game, I just thought I should report it since it shouldn't be there. I also have constant invisible fish jumping in the same spot over and over in all fishing areas across all worlds too. I've attached a couple pics of the 'crocodile head' object in the water.

Message 1 of 9 (2,971 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Mysterious object in water behind Willow Creek museum

Hero (Retired)

@Karababy52  I am not seeing these glitches in my game.  Please try the following steps: 1) remove any mods/CC (I know you listed you don't have any, but double-check to be sure), 2) clear your cache, 3) repair the game via Origin, 4) start a new save, and 5) test the glitch in the new save.  Please tag me (use @ + my name) if you continue to experience the problem in the new save.

Message 2 of 9 (2,860 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@BryonyRae Thanks for your reply and suggestions. I don't need to double check for mods/CC because as mentioned, I don't have any and have NEVER had any of either in my game. I understand they both can and do cause many problems though. That's exactly one of the very reasons I never have had any. I always clear my cache files, do a repair in Origin, etc. before even considering posting here, but thanks, those are good suggestions too. I've been fishing since I reported this and haven't noticed any fish (invisible) jumping oddly anymore after the latest patch, so maybe the Devs were aware of this occurrence and fixed it. *shrugs*

As for the crocodile head silhouette object, I haven't been back to that area to fish since then, but if it's still there now, I'll let you know. Thanks for your help! Standard smile 

Message 3 of 9 (2,852 Views)

★★★ Guide

02-06-19_9-31-48 PM.png

@BryonyRae I'm seeing this in my game as well. No Mods/CC & new save 

Message 4 of 9 (2,844 Views)

★★★ Guide
I feel like this is a crocodile with a missing texture. I notice it bobs it's head out for a few moments then retreats back to the water.
Message 5 of 9 (2,843 Views)

★★★ Guide

02-06-19_9-36-10 PM.png

For clarity it's in this area behind the willow creek library 

Message 6 of 9 (2,841 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Karababy52 @SproutLee  thanks for the additional location information.  I was able to track it down in my game as well, and it looks like a misplaced animation to me.  Will add to our list.

Message 7 of 9 (2,741 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Has anyone heard any updates about this? I'm playing on console (xbox one) and this shadow croc is still there for me. It keeps making me feel like I should be able to interact with it. LOL! 

Did it get repaired for PC and maybe just a long delay for console? 

Message 8 of 9 (1,263 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Mysterious object in water behind Willow Creek museum

★ Novice
@Karababy52 Thought it was supposed to be there but people say it’s a bug. Looked like an alligator head to me. First time I’ve seen it
Message 9 of 9 (1,255 Views)