by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] Music from other modes Plays During Live/Build Mode

[ Edited ]

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load the game and enter live mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? Music will play even with no stereos on the lot.
What do you expect to see? No random music.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Not sure how long this has been going on, but I recently turned on my music setting and now I'm getting random music playing during live mode. Not sure if it's build/buy music or loading screen music, but it is ridiculously annoying. My main music setting is back off - I had only turned it on to start hearing the mix track music station sounds. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 61 (14,671 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Music from other modes Plays During Live/Build Mode

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

If anyone's still experiencing this issue, could you possibly share with me a save file where you've seen it occur? Your Config.log (located in \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4) would also be great and a video would be the cherry on top! You can DM the link to your files to me, thanks so much for the help!

Instructions here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 15 of 61 (16,580 Views)

All Replies

Re: Nonstereo Music Plays During Live Mode

★★★ Guide

I get THIS as well as if I go into CAS to edit a sim, or Build Mode. The CAS or Build Mode music will continue playing into Live Mode. Sometimes so loud to the point I can't hear my sims talk to each other or any other environment noises. Also if I do turn on the radio in any form including DJ booths I sometimes get 2 stations at once. Or better yet in a different sim household who will not even own any music playing electronics yet will get the sound of music playing. All of the above doesn't happen all too often (about 25%ish of the time), but when it does happen I have to completely shut down and restart the whole game to get it to stop. 

This has happened both WITH and WITHOUT mods on a clean vanilla game. Makes me wish there was a mod or a cheat to find and turn off background music while in the game so I can just turn off the stuff that isn't supposed to be on without restarting the whole game. f there is one someone PM me and let me know!

Message 2 of 61 (14,576 Views)

@aidans1985 You can turn off your loading screen and build/buy music by setting the music setting in Audio to zero. I had to do that to prevent myself from going insane from the music. It does affect the music station, but not stereos and other live mode music.
Message 3 of 61 (14,558 Views)

Hero
@wildirishbanshee I take it reloading doesn't work ? There have been multiple fixes for this .. I'm going to assume you tried this without any mods installed as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 61 (14,545 Views)

@crinrict Of course I did. Reloading doesn't always work, no. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't - I check every time I load my game now to see. And I've repaired twice now and did one folder refresh.
Message 5 of 61 (14,534 Views)

Hero
@wildirishbanshee do you also have overlapping music ? Like if you go to buybuild with the music in live mode playing that gets added on top of the other ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 61 (14,524 Views)

@crinrict Not that I have noticed, no. But I'll keep an eye out for it.
Message 7 of 61 (14,508 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Music from other modes Plays During Live Mode

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 61 (14,456 Views)

Music from build/buy mode plays in live mode

★★★★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? Русский язык
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all EP, GP and SP except for Island living and Moschino SP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It happens when I close build/buy mode and return to live mode
What happens when the bug occurs? Music from build/buy mode continues playing. Only restarting the game helps to stop it.
What do you expect to see? Music turns off when returning to live mode
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I know it's an old bug and remember you had fixed it a long time ago, but I'm having this issue again.

Message 9 of 61 (14,429 Views)

Main menu/loading screen tune keeps playing after game is loaded

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all available DLC
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It's random, but sometimes when loading/resuming a save, the music from the loading screen will keep playing endlessly after the game loads.
What happens when the bug occurs? Elevator music keeps playing nonstop, even when telling sims to play music on the stereo it will play the music in the background.
What do you expect to see? Expect the loading music to stop playing when the game is done loading.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. November 12 patch, 1.58.63.1010

We apparently have an old thread of this from long ago that was closed, but I've never noticed this issue before. Looks like it's an old bug that's come back.

Message 10 of 61 (14,314 Views)