[FIXED] Multiple text notices for the same ghost being removed from game

by alanmichael1

Original Post

Re: Multiple of the same notifications

★★★ Novice

I too am receiving this notification multiple times as Sims fade away; I'm on a new install that has been played ~5 hours with no Mods or CC. Will keep playing to see if the problem persists or grows.

Message 31 of 57 (1,556 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Multiple text notices for the same ghost being removed from game

★★★★★ Apprentice

Got the same problem, I get about 3 or 4 notifications that the ghost of a sim is fading away.

I think this bug begun way back as they added the feature to strengthen the bond of the ghost to this world.

My theory regarding this bug is that you get 1 notification for every sim that is marked as played sim and that knows the ghost sim

Message 32 of 57 (1,548 Views)

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Dutch
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play for some time and wait until the game delivers you the new message feature: The spirit of _____ is fading away
What happens when the bug occurs? I get the same message like 10-18 times in a row! 
What do you expect to see? One message would be enough.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Having this problem for at least 8 months

And it is always from NPC. SIms that my Sim doesn't even know! It's random NPC Very very very annoying!

Message 33 of 57 (1,528 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Throwing in my two cents from having observed the fading ghost message spam for quite a while now. I'm wondering if it has to do with how many sims the ghost sim knew? Say Bob is fading, and knew 20 people, you'll get 20 messages that Bob's spirit is fading. But if Jane knew 3 people and Jane's spirit is fading, you'll only get 3 spam messages. I have no idea how this could be tested effectively beyond creating a town save with almost nobody in it (minimal, countable people a ghost can know). But yeah, it's a thought as to what's going on and why the number of spam messages can vary so much... plus, the longer a town stays active the more spam-per-fading I seem to get, which could also be an implication the dead sims met more and more people as the town expanded and more lots got played / more sims interacted before dying.

Edit: It could be *played* sims that have the ghost in their known-sims list, that are the reason for so much spam, as I can imagine unplayed townies should know enough other townies that the spam would be even more ridiculous than it already is... but played sims knowing the ghost would make more sense, especially as a town gets more and more play time (and this would theoretically include townie sims that previously-played households meet while you're playing a different household). Some townies are going to get more default interaction with played sims and thus when their ghosts fade, more spam appears as perhaps a means to try and make sure at least *one* active household gets a message, but it's all going to the player anyways so you get spammed. In my last play session I only had one sim in the household and still saw various numbers of fading-spam-sets go by as ghost townies kicked the bucket. I play with played household aging off, so the only reason my played sims would die is from things that aren't old age; in an aging-on game I can imagine the ghost-fading message would be more important but again, it's still spamming all players from the looks of it.

Message 34 of 57 (1,300 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I've seen the same thing many times. "{name} is fading" usually 6-8 times for each ghost. It's been happening for years, I pretty much ignore it now.

Message 35 of 57 (1,284 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Have the same issue as everyone else, spirit disappearing notification ends up appearing multiple times, the multiple notifications on stuff happens with others things as well like going to work or going to university class. just random in my game at least as to if it will be a ghost, work or class notification that pops up multiple times. 

Message 36 of 57 (1,188 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How is this still an issue after 2.5 years? Personally I think there should be an option to turn the notifications off completely, but getting spammed with duplicate messages multiple times per day is incredibly annoying.

Message 37 of 57 (1,138 Views)

★★ Novice

yea the notifications are annoying, i just had 13 notifications of this one sims spirit fading and it's not just notifications about ghost either i have this issue with spirit day from sims university too. i always assumed it's because of my house hold but i'm playing with just one sim right now...

Message 38 of 57 (1,071 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am getting the bug where I am getting spammed the vanishing ghost UI of sims I have never heard off.

Message 39 of 57 (1,035 Views)

Notification multiples - spirit fading

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Notification of spirit fading
What happens when the bug occurs? When the notification of a sims spirit fading pops up, there is 5 of the same pop up, it appears as if there word spacing and placement is different for each of the pop ups - so may be why 5 are popping up?
What do you expect to see? Normally one pop up to notify a sims spirit is fading
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Recently installed moschino, realm of magic and eco lifestyle packs

When the notification of a sims spirit fading pops up, there is 5 of the same pop up, it appears as if there word spacing and placement is different for each of the pop ups - so may be why 5 are popping up?

Also sim is swiping own furniture

Message 40 of 57 (1,023 Views)