Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Multiple text notices for the same ghost being removed from game

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play for some time and wait until the game delivers you the new message feature "The ghost of XY is vanishing" (I don't know the exact words in the English version).
What happens when the bug occurs? You get this message approx. 8 (!!) times at once. You have to click and click and click until it finally disappears.
What do you expect to see? One message would be enough.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

A small annoyance.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 57 (6,414 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Multiple text notices for the same ghost being removed from game

★★★★ Pro

Looks like this has been fixed 2 or 3 patches ago ...

View in thread

Message 52 of 57 (2,523 Views)

All Replies

Re: Too many ghost messages

Hero

Always for the same ghost ? 

Did you take a screenshot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 57 (6,288 Views)

★★★★ Pro

No, for every ghost. I never noticed this feature until the new world household management was introduced. I will try to make a screenshot.

Message 3 of 57 (6,278 Views)

Hero

So basically you got a message for each ghost that left your town ? Don't think that's a bug. Since you probably had some legacy dead Sims they all left at the same time and you got multiple messages ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 57 (6,267 Views)

★★★★ Pro
The bug is that I get each message 7 or 8 times. If John is vanishing it says 8 times "John is vanishing". I first didn't notice this and only wondered why I had to click so many times until the message was finally deleted. Then I looked at the complete notification roll and saw the endless list of "John is vanishing".
Message 5 of 57 (6,253 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Then I misunderstood you. That's what I asked and you said no it was for every ghost so I thought you meant you get a message for every ghost once but all at the same time.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 57 (6,242 Views)

Hero

I've added this for now without testing .. cause I trust your reports.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 57 (6,192 Views)

★★★★ Pro

It may be that the number of messages depends on the number of Sims on the active lot. I will test this further.

Message 8 of 57 (6,182 Views)

★★★★ Pro

No connection with the number of Sims on your lot. The bug is getting worse the longer the game lasts - sometimes I get 20 messages per ghost now.

Message 9 of 57 (6,129 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I can add that I also had this in my game. (but I haven't really played since December but at least it happened then)

Message 10 of 57 (6,116 Views)