Re: Spammed "Spirit drifting away" Notification

by Nekoboy69

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Multiple text notices for the same ghost being removed from game

Community Manager (retired)

Does anyone have a save file they can share with me that reproduces this issue? You can send me a DM with a link to your save. Thanks for the help!

Instructions for sending me a save:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 41 of 57 (1,425 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Haven't seen it mentioned on other reports but for me this bug happens only after travelling. When starting the game (or an old save) the notification is as expected. However once you travel from the home lot it seems the notification will then duplicate. It actually seems to duplicate in relation to the amount of times you've travelled during the session you're playing. i.e. If you travel to a lot and the notification appears it will duplicate once - if you travel from home lot, back to home lot and then notification appears you will have three and so on.  This means that after a couple of trips to the park, bar or a vacation or 2 the notification wall fills up pretty quick!

Message 42 of 57 (1,371 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This is still happening to me. Any solutions? Standard smile x

Message 43 of 57 (1,151 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Still happening. Nineteen messages for "Sachiko's Spirit is Fading Away."

Message 44 of 57 (1,110 Views)

★ Apprentice

Still happens for me and I just ran repair on my game. No mods, CC ever in my game. I've been playing for years on the same save so it has lots of bugs.

I've noticed that if you hit the notification wall icon you don't need to exit from each window. 

Message 45 of 57 (995 Views)

Spammed "Spirit drifting away" Notification

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dine out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor retreat, Parenthood, Spa day, Strangerville, Vampires, Cats and dogs, City living, Discover univeristy, Get famous, Get to work, Get together, Island living, Seasons, Backyard stuff, Kids room stuff, Laundry day stuff, Luxury party stuff, Movie hangout stuff, Paranormal stuff, Perfect patio stuff, Romantic garden stuff, Spooky stuff, Tiny living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The bug occurs when a sim you know dies off lot, like a friend or relative. They are not included in household.
What happens when the bug occurs? When a sims that your sims knows passes away off lot, the notification for their spirit drifting away is supposed to come in the notification slot, however it is spammed into the notifications for a random amount of times, some times five and other times over 20. The only way to avoid sitting there clicking the X button forever is to open notifications and trash all notifications, but this is really unecesary and pulls the player, (me) out of the game. This only occurs with this notification.
What do you expect to see? It should only be one notification. So the fix should be to not have it spammed into the notification slot or simply remove the notefication overall.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Spammed spirit drifting away bug. 

Message 46 of 57 (914 Views)

Re: Spammed "Spirit drifting away" Notification

★ Guide

"Guess what's back, back again.. "

I get like 5+ of the same ghost notification. Its really annoying. 

Message 47 of 57 (864 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi!

I have been having this issue for months as well, sometimes ill just get one other times ill get 7 and lately on my supersim ive been getting like 8-10 notifications for ONE sim. I really hope EA fixes this soon because its really irritating. I end up just clearing all of my notifications eventually otherwise my notes cap out really fast :/

Message 48 of 57 (791 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Oh.  Yeah.  I assumed that every household member who knew [ghost] was getting the notification and the 8 "spirit is fading away!!!" spams were intentional. To be honest, Incredibly Friendly + Beloved is a double-edged sword.  On the one hand, my Sims with that combination have NO problem befriending others and keeping those friends.  On the other hand, every time a rando dies they get sad for two days (sorry, but... she once bought a hot dog from someone and became insta-friends; maybe she shouldn't mourn them like they were family... but, again, I'm sure that's by design).  Since my Super Sim is also a five star celebrity, we're guzzling Moodlet Solver and Quirk-B-Gone like it's going out of style (since any time a rando dies she gets Emotion Bomb). 

I digress.  Yes.  Yes, I have multiple Sims in the same household who all have Incredibly Friendly and Beloved, and yes, I assumed I was getting a spirits fading away message for each household member that met them once and became insta-friends. 

Message 49 of 57 (760 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Has anyone noticed this being even worse after this week's update? I just received a notice about a sim's spirit fading away 27 times. Yes, 27.

I used to regularly get seven or eight of them, but 27?

Message 50 of 57 (683 Views)