by BryonyRae

Original Post

[OPEN] Multi-story columns mis-aligned

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Draw a room (say 3x3). Go up a level and draw another room that is a shorter length than the first, (say 2x3). Place a column (other than those listed below) on the 2x3 corner and one directly below it on the 3x3 wall where they will intersect.
What happens when the bug occurs? The columns are offset from each other and do not align. All columns display this issue *except*: Structurally Sound, Architectural Spines, Annesley Square Column, and Buenaventura Column.
What do you expect to see? Columns should align across levels regardless of whether they are drawn at corners, middle of the wall, etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. New since the 11/7/17 patch.

Below is a screen shot of the issue:

11-20-17_3-19-58 PM.png

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 12 (4,192 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Multi-story columns mis-aligned

★ Guide

I know this is an old post but the problem still exists and it's limiting when building.

Message 2 of 12 (4,040 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@BryonyRae I don't see the "Me too" button on this, but "Me too." I also have a stacked column tutorial out on YouTube and have heard more than one complaint from players about this issue.
Message 3 of 12 (3,560 Views)

Hero
@KrystalGamer1 If you don't see the me too button you probably already clicked me too. The thread is pretty old so chances are high that's the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (3,549 Views)

★★ Novice

wow are we really all here for the same old post? lol i was just googling if there was a fix or a work around and found this thread. anyone have any ideas? i've tried different sized ones but the misalignment is still sooo noticeable.

Message 5 of 12 (3,543 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for letting me know, Crin. 

Any update on when this might get corrected? This was posted quite a while back. I can't believe they still haven't fixed it.

Message 6 of 12 (3,521 Views)

★ Novice

Silently waiting for the day this is finally fixed...

Message 7 of 12 (3,060 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same here mate

Message 8 of 12 (2,771 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It’s August and it is still and issue 🙃

Message 9 of 12 (2,621 Views)

★★★ Novice

Saaame... I've been trying to find a mod that addresses this for years. Please do not let our tears fall forever, Maxis! DevilHeart

Message 10 of 12 (1,907 Views)